(Closed) Moving out of state, name change DMV

posted 9 years ago in Names
Post # 3
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I had the exact same thing happen!  I didn’t get my new license until I moved and it was no problem at all.  I just brought all my identifying info (SS card, old drivers license, marriage license).

Post # 4
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Thanks for posting this- I was wondering the exact same thing!

Post # 5
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Just make sure you have time to get your new ss card in the mail before you leave that state.  I can’t remember how long it took to get my ss card. I know my employer definitly needed the physical ss card to do the name change at work.  The DMV, SS

Plus, does the government allow mail forwarding on the mailing of ss cards?  I thought I remember seeing that they don’t.  I may be wrong.

The topic ‘Moving out of state, name change DMV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors