(Closed) Mr. & Mrs. HIS NAME???

posted 12 years ago in Names
Post # 32
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
@mskalinin:  I agree, I hate it when someone addresses me with his first name. It signifies and implies that I have no importance. 

Post # 33
211 posts
Helper bee

I agree completely! How can we spread awareness that it implies that the woman is not important when she is addressed as Mrs. Christopher Braddock instead of Mrs. Emily Braddock or Ms. Emily Sim? 

View original reply
@jma19:  

Post # 34
211 posts
Helper bee

Good for you! Let us educate others about this. We need to keep in mind that addressing her as a human being with a name is important because she is important. She isn’t just Joe’s wife. She is Jessica, Amanda, Sophia, Kimmy etc. 

View original reply
@karieck05:  

Post # 35
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I personally love receiving mail to Mr and Mrs John Doe, but if it it just to me, I’d expect Mrs Jane Doe. I wouldn’t be at all offended, however, to be addressed as Mrs John Doe, would just think it was very traditional

Post # 36
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Sunchick19:  

If you have more important things to do with your time then to hunt down EVERY female invited to your wedding, to find out exactly how they want to be invited on the invitation, then that is OK

anyone who chooses to be offended by how they are addressed on an invitation is making a mountain out of a molehill. Your friends who are true friends will realize you have many people to write out these invitations too, and won’t choose to be offended

I say do what you can. If you know someone didn’t change their name then yes, I would likely address them by their maiden name.

Would I spend five hours researching every lady’s preference? No, I’d just address it to Mr and Mrs last name

Post # 37
211 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ArizonaGirl:  Hey, I am sorry I don’t think you understand. I am not upset about being addressed by his last name. I am upset about being addressed by his first name. I am sorry also that you felt the need to be hostile and rude to me. Still, I wish you the best of luck with your wedding and your marriage. I don’t hold it against you because I don’t want to reply to you in a hostile way. 

Post # 38
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
@EMCasey:  

Hold what against me? I responded to OP. not you.  I am not hostile or rude towards anyone. You are baiting me simply because my opinion is different than yours.

The topic ‘Mr. & Mrs. HIS NAME???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors