(Closed) Mr. Bee's Plan Pact July 2012

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

SO and I just came back from our trip to FL for me to meet his family! It is going well for me, since the day we came back SO told me he is taking a loan out in September. So I am thinking a proposal by the end of the year.

I am kicking up my work outs and trying to schedule some time for myself. Getting myself ready for school in the fall and just trying NOT to think about rings. But I think my SO is seeing it too. everywhere we turn is something engagement/wedding/getting married related. I just wish I KNEW for certain what was going on in his head.

But his birthday was yesterday. I threw him a surprise party the day before and we went to dinner and a movie on his actual bday. we had a great day in the city and just enjoyed eachothers company.

Trying to keep it light!

Post # 4
88 posts
Worker bee

Well, I reached my goal of not talking about anything engagement related until the end of June, it came up on Sunday but it was actually a mutual discussion we had about rings and not just me bringing it up so I don’t feel too off the wagon but going forward I’m really going to try and make it all through July without a peep. We are going on a trip to Charleston next weekend, I’m positive it isn’t happening then but if I can make it through the whole trip just enjoying the moment without a single word of engagement I will really feel like I’ve done well.

Other than that, just trying to stick to an exercise and diet regimine. I got way off the workout train this week with the crazy heat but plan to start again tomorrow morning and really keep at it. Another vice of mine is yummy cool cocktails when its so hot outside which I indulged in this past weekend, not helpful to the waistline so going to work on cutting back the rest of the summer.

Still focusing on my business as well as starting to research a new side business venture that I’m going to hopefully start in the fall. I’ve also started working on some small household projects.

Post # 5
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

I need to join in on the pact. I have a hard enough time not bringing it up (because it makes me so excited!) but then last week we had our 4 year anniversary and I think everyone was expecting it to happen then and while I wasn’t disappointed it was hard to watch other people’s disappointment coupled with the fact that 3 of my friends on facebook changed their last names in the span of last week. 

I should have plenty to keep myself occupied with since I am working full time and going to school for my master’s (graduate next May woohoo!) and I think part of why I bring it up so much is because in amongst all this dreary busyness and stress it is the one thing I can be excited about and looking forward to when I get done. Instead of this I’m going to try to focus on how excited I am to graduate next spring and what an accomplishment that will be in itself! I also want to take the next year to work on getting in better shape (tho it’s hard because of my lack of free time). And I am not going to talk to anyone else about the pending engagement except for on here! πŸ™‚

Good luck ladies!

Post # 6
1979 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I need to join the pact as well!! I am probably the ultimate nagger (which is an embarassing thing to admit).  It’s just been a tough summer!  His little sister is getting married, my little sister is getting married, I was a Maid/Matron of Honor in a friend’s wedding, and then there was our anniversary! He told me ahead of time he wasn’t able to propose that night and of course I was disappointed (we had previously agreed to be engaged by that date).  He said he still wanted to give me a decent anniversary though- He made a 5 course meal, got me beautiful flowers, a small gift, a romantic-comedy I had wanted to see with him, and we even bought each other the exact same anniversary card!! (how cute are we?)  It was actually a great anniversary!! And then I looked at my phone after the movie and a good friend of mine wanted to let me know that her boyfriend proposed that night.  They started dating after we did, and I was happy for her but also pretty crushed! I was a crying mess- definitely not one of my best moments and I said things I wish I could take back.  Long story short, I REALLY need to join the pact!!

I like some of your ideas: I am in law school so sitting and studying all day, every day, has meant that I need to get in shape! Plus, then I’ll look my best when I get to finally wear THE DRESS!!  I also have to apply for jobs, so I want to focus on that as well!

We can do this!… right?! lol

Post # 7
37 posts
Newbee

I want to join the pact! I’ve already started implementing parts of the plan even before I found this site (not to be like a hipster or anything, lol), because I was driving myself crazy and focusing too much on the relationship… So now I’m trying to revive my social life and go out with other people as well, so I’m not ignoring them and people will want to come to my wedding! Haha

I still need to let go a little bit more though. I still feel like I have a vise-like grip on wanting to control things all the time, and since we don’t really have control over a proposal, it would probably be best to try and focus on other things!! So I hope to finish my education, plus this other class I want to take, then maybe I’ll think of more hobbies or cooking classes to fill my time, after I have the job thing more settled! Wow, I guess there really is still a lot more to do! Heh

Well, anyway, here’s to focusing on other aspects of our lives, so that when it finally does happen, we’ll actually have people to celebrate with, lol, and have a *whole* life to bring to the table! Good luck to all the bees! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
153 posts
Blushing bee

Can I join ladies? I’ve done HORRIBLY at not bringing up anything engagement or wedding related….especially so because THREE people I know just got engaged in the last two weeks (one couple moved in and living together and they’ve been together less time than we have).  Last weekend and last night AND today…we’ve talked about it ad nauseum.  I feel like a horrible girlfriend, and I’m embarassed by my emotions lately.

Anyway, I’ve got a few things I want to do for myself…work on my photography actually.  Ride my bike more, and do more things with my kiddos.  I know if I focus on myself and them and “leave him alone” to get his work stuff done or study, then he’s more content.  

I really need to try harder, says the girl who’s face is lobster red and all numb from crying like crazy tonight. πŸ™ 

Post # 9
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

i joined in at the beginning of june, and there was only one wedding-related (?..not sure) conversation between us, it’s mentioned here. so yeah, i’ve been doing my best so far πŸ˜€

also i’m staying more focused on myself than i think i ever was. not that i’m obsessed or sth, but still putting a nice and healthy effort to keep myself in shape and look good. it will get harder cos of 27 workdays i’m gonna have in july, but i’m not giving up πŸ™‚

Post # 10
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m in again! I have done pretty well so far – we have been SO busy (moving, starting new jobs, family in town, etc) and that’s helped.  My only big slip up was when We got some (more! ugh) bad financial news and I told him I was worried that it was going to mean he wouldn’t talk to my parents while they are in town like he had planned and he said I should “mind my own business” and I actually left it alone – victory!

Good luck ladies!!!

Post # 11
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I need to do this, too.  I’ve been really bad about bring up engagement/wedding stuff when I know it won’t happen until next May at the earliest.  My SO tells me he doesn’t mind, and he’s excited I’m excited, but I’m getting annoyed with myself.

I just got new running shoes, so I’m going to really start running soon.  Since it’s been so hot here I’d really like to get up early and go for a run, but that extra half hour is sooo hard!

Post # 12
90 posts
Worker bee

I haven’t said anything since I signed up for the pact. It’s been difficult.

Post # 13
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@misscherrylimeade:  Positive thoughts going your way!  It really is hard to do, even when you know an engagement is coming soonish.  That might actually make it harder!

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee

this will be my new favourite thread. πŸ™‚ ladies, we need to love ourselves more and be so so so kind to ourselves!! whilst i know most men want to have all their stuff in order before they propose so that it is “perfect” for us, i think they fail to recognise the pain and upset it can cause the one they love. we are all strong beautiful women, and we need to remember that they are lucky to have us and should be chasing us with rings. (before someone else does πŸ˜‰ )lol. even writing that makes me feel like i am more than capable of parking the whole marriage fiasco for now!! 

Post # 15
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

I haven’t brought stuff up and HE HAS! WOOHOO! August is gonna be the hardest month to get through, with my BDay and our 5 yr coming up. But I a have to just think on the possitive.

Post # 16
123 posts
Blushing bee

Hey Ladies,

I’m brand new on here and I’ll put up a seperate post introducing myself as well. But I’ve been reading for a while, because I’m definitely obsessing over wanting to get engaged and not being able to handle the fact that I have so little control over it (not that all relationships are like this, but mine is – my boyfriend knows very very well that I want to get married, he does too “one day” but wants to do it without my input at all and likes the idea of keeping the whole thing a secret).

I’m definitely like some other ladies on here in that I’m really on top of my stuff, type-a, ‘go-getter’ and so it’s really  hard to sit back and well, wait. I have been driving myself, and my boyfriend, and all my friends, pretty crazy for months, and I decided I really need to pull myself together. I am signing on to this pact, because I think Mr. Bees plan sounds great! In fact, I sorta already started. In the past few weeks I’ve had more work out dates with friends, ladies nights, etc. and am keeping busy. Boyfriend even noticed already and asked what’s up. I told him basically the truth “well, I get really sad sometimes that we aren’t getting married and instead of feeling rejected because I know you love me and I know I just have to wait, I’m trying to just keep busy and have fun and be more independent in the mean time.” I know he wants me to be happy, and although that DID mean that I was bringing it up, I think it was in a pretty no-pressure way, so hopefully that’s ok.

Otherwise, he’s been the one lately talking about having babies, buying a house, etc. I think it’s ‘working’ at least in that I’m feeling happier and more in control, and I kinda like him missing me and noticing how many nights I’m out and about instead of home. So yay, crossing my fingers!

The topic ‘Mr. Bee's Plan Pact July 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors