(Closed) Ms.Pink’s budget breakdown of her $1500 wedding.

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I love your budget break-down… your wedding is so beautiful. I hope the two of you are happy forever!

We are also relying on the talents/generosity of friends in keeping our budget down… I wish we had access to a free space where we could make our own food though! That seems like such a huge money-saver.

Post # 4
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

This needs to be made a sticky on how to have a budget wedding!

Great advice! Love love love it!

Post # 5
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You’re my budget wedding hero! Unfortunately I don’t have any friends with nice backyards and nobody in my family can cook for 100 pplso I’ll have to spend some money there. Great advice though, I just wish I had more talented friends jejeje ;).

Post # 6
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You had a beautiful wedding on such a small budget! I have a couple questions though, if you don’t mind?

Do you know exactly what kinds of flowers you used? Which were the cheapest ones?

Did you buy gifts for your wedding party?

Did you have a rehearsal or rehearsal dinner, or just skip all of that?

How much did you spend on invitations and postage?

Where did you stay that night? Did you get a hotel or did you already live together nearby?

Thanks for posting πŸ™‚

Post # 7
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Thanks for sharing! That is awesome how you were able to pull of a beautiful wedding for so little. And you should be thankful that you have people who love you and were willing to put their time and effort into the wedding. 

Post # 8
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Ms.Pink: Amazing! I cannot believe  your photographer was $250!!! Your photos are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 11
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@bakerella: Ditto.  I have seen $2000 photos that I didn’t think were as good as yours.  Thanks for posting a breakdown, I know that seeing it will help alot of bees.

Post # 11
2584 posts
Sugar bee

@Ms.Pink: Aw, thanks πŸ™‚ I’m trying to cut back on my wedding budget but I”m having troubles. I am thinking about carnations also πŸ™‚ Did you do corsages and bouts for parents and grandparents and godparents?

I actually promised my BMs to help pay for their dresses as a gift, I was just curious what you spent for each Bridesmaid or Best Man on a budget, since I’m not sure what’s fair/reasonable to them without breaking my own bank too, haha.

So out of curiosity, is your budget what you spent, not counting the gifts others gave, such as the cake and rehearsal dinner and those sorts of things? Or did you include those in your overall total?

Post # 12
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Ms.Pink:  I was totally wondering how you had a $1500 wedding and got such amazing photography. I thought for sure you were related to an amazing photographer or had an awesome friend! What an incredible find πŸ™‚ Shows you that you can totally find great work from new vendors! Your wedding was just gorgeous, I’m in awe of your skills!

Post # 14
2584 posts
Sugar bee

@Ms.Pink: Okay, that makes sense πŸ™‚ My dad has threatened not to attend my wedding if there’s no alcohol, and he was serious πŸ™ Joys of living in Wisconsin.

One last thing- how did the ladies feel about not having corsages? I’m worried that our moms, gradmas, and my godmother would be hurt if the men got bouts and they didn’t get anything?

The topic ‘Ms.Pink’s budget breakdown of her $1500 wedding.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors