(Closed) Musical Bee in need of savvy business advice!

posted 7 years ago in Career
Post # 3
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Would having your name, #, address, and then just the title ‘performance artist and piano (and cello?) instructor’ work? I think that makes it clear. Especially if you have it like

YOUR NAME        

123 street avenue•city•state       •123-456-7890   

•performance artist for hire    •particular degree/experience

•cello and piano instructor      •10 years experience

Post # 5
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

 I assume you plan to teach those under the age of 18, so my advice, separate from what to put on your business card, is that I would get some kind of clearance, either through the state or FBI. You can get fingerprinted and processed for a small fee. Teachers and anyone who works with children need it done to even get in a school basically. Especially since you won’t be affiliated with any type of reputable facility, you’ll want to reassure parents you aren’t a creeper and can be trusted with their little darling. You may also want to look into liability insurance through a group like those for teachers, especially if the wee one in question will be coming to you and your piano for his or her lessons. CYA. Good luck!

The topic ‘Musical Bee in need of savvy business advice!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors