Post # 1
Ok, I’ve looked up a bunch of the old food station posts on here, but I can’t find what I’m looking for..
I want to know how the flow of a food station reception went down irl.
Like.. did you have guests be seated/have a plated.. salad.. then slowly open stations to allow people to begin mingling?
What type of seating did you use? We are getting seating for ~60% included in the venue.. so I don’t know if I should get lounge seating for the other 40%.. different sized tables.. or what?
Are people actually going to mingle/walk around chatting and eating? My fear is that it will end up like a buffet.. people will get up, get the food they want from the stations.. and go back to their seat and stay there.
Post # 2
giving myself a bump — just in case!
Post # 3
I didn’t have a food station wedding but I have been to a couple. We had plated salads and they opened up the food stations while people were eating their salads. PLEASE have enough seats for all of your guests. I hate standing around trying to hold a drink and eat too. My husband and I usually end up sharing drinks and food so we can take turns holding stuff instead of trying to balance it all. I’m also picturing guests making a mad rush for the tables so they can make sure they have a spot…
Why are you so concerned about people mingling? I would much prefer to eat my meal at a table and mingle with the folks at my table versus standing around while eating. People can mingle after food or in between going to food stations.
Post # 4
I definitely agree about everyone having a seat — that’s one of my pet peeves as well.<br />I just wasn’t sure if I should try to do it as lounge seating or real/formal tables..
It seems like if people just want to sit/eat I should nix the food stations because that seems to turn it into a glorified (more expensive) buffet.
We want people to mingle because we’d rather have a more “cocktail” style reception.. we don’t really like dancing. we like food. lol. so i’d like people just walking around/talking and trying all sorts of small plates/ hors d’oeuvres with music playing in the background..