(Closed) MY $2,750 WEDDING! :)

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Sound wonderful.  My budget for my wedding is about $3000 for 150 guests.  It’s tough but I am determined to make it work.  As of right now, Fi and I are the only ones paying and the only thing we’re having issues with for our budget is the caterer…trying to find one more budget friendly.  BUT so far, we’ve been finding some great deals.

I got my dress for $220 (and today, out of the blue, my grandmother offered to pay for my dress and so did my father, so together they are giving me $400… to pay for the dress and other wedding related things). Such a nice surprise!

I found a prfoessional photograher for $220. 

My florist is charging me $250 for all the bouquets (mine and 6 bms), 4 bouts, 16 centerpieces, and flower girl accessories and petals. 

Things we are forgoing: vidographer, dj (fi’s cousin and playlist), limo.

I also DIY-ed a few items to save money: my veil, card box, 1 gartera nd ring pillow. 

I won’t know how much my budget will get me until I tally up everything but I am determined to stay under budget or at least right on.  I want to save money for our honeymoon, which will cost us a little over $500 for 3 nights at an all incluzive resort (no plan tickets needed).

Post # 4
1140 posts
Bumble bee

Wow. Your wedding sounds great. I cannot wait to see pictures. 

Post # 5
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wow!  So jealous on your catering deals.  catering deals in our big city are ridiculously high, it would be my entire budget (5,000) if I wanted to cater even a simple burger/ hot dog or pasta dinner.  Your wedding sounds great.  We’re doing a cheaper wedding also, 5,000 for 150 guests.  It’s been tricky but like you we have lots of help from family and friends and got some great deals on the church/ hall, photography, cake, etc. 

Post # 6
1659 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Congratulations!! Your wedding sounds awesome and you obviously kept everything in perspective, and we’re really smart in booking your vendors and using your resources.

Post # 7
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

WOW! I’m impressed, I don’t think I could ever pull that off. Can’t wait to see pictures.

Post # 8
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@nati529:  WOW!! That’s awesome! This will be me and FI’s second “rodeo” and I dont want a 10k wedding lol

Post # 9
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This sounds wonderful!

Post # 10
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

That is AMAZING!!!!!!

Post # 11
7977 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

It’s the prices of the catering and the booze which made my jaw drop, LOL! We’re looking at spending a minimum of 4,000 GBP on food and drink for about 100 people… out of a budget of about 5-6,000 GBP (we’re constantly reassessing). Food and drink is expensive… you got an AMAZING deal on that!

Post # 12
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

great savings!

Post # 13
878 posts
Busy bee

Good job – you’re lucky you got off so easy w/ catering – anything like that kind of food in my area would be 45+ per person.

Post # 14
9549 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

That is awesome! Congrats! I hope we get to see photos!

Post # 15
79 posts
Worker bee

Wonderful… I hope you post pictures soon and thanks for sharing… I love when brides save but still have a beautiful day…

Post # 16
1856 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

You got some great deals! Sounds like everything went perfectly for you.

We’re just starting to plan but our budget is $5,000 max, and about half of that amount is going to renting a beach house for a week. It’s always nice to hear other people have done it for what I think of as a reasonable amount ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘MY $2,750 WEDDING! :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors