(Closed) my alteration cost is $655 right now

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Depends on if its the total bill.  What are you having done to the dress?

Post # 4
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

That sounds high, but it would depend on how intricate your dress is.  I had two taken in and a hem on one done for less that $200.

Post # 5
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

oh my gosh… that seems ridiculous! i had cups put in, a hem, bustle, and the sides taken in…. and mine was 195. but my dress only has a very little bit of beading….

Post # 6
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

What does your dress look like? I’m soooo scared my dress is going to cost up near $1000 in alterations and it was already $1400 over my budget =( the beading on my dress is insane and the top is wayyy too big. Not to mention I want to add a lace up corset/ halter strap/ it needs taken in at the top and sides/ it’s also too long…. gah.

Post # 9
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

It sounds about right when it comes to any beading work. 

Don’t you wish that they would give you alterations pricing when you try on dresses.  Its your wedding day so don’t worry about it.  Its done and other with now. 

Post # 10
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@spoonoutmyheart: Oh. my. goodness. All that almost seems like the price of a new dress!! Yikes!

Post # 11
2190 posts
Buzzing bee

that sounds insanely high–whoa! but your dress is GORGEOUS!!!!

Post # 12
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Wow, that seems like a lot, but your dress is gorgeous! My alterations cost $350, but I luckily didn’t have the beading and the boning to worry about.

Post # 13
172 posts
Blushing bee

That sounds expensive!  Yikes!

Post # 15
2190 posts
Buzzing bee

@spoonoutmyheart: PNW–I went to a lady who does alterations for pageants and works from her home. She does wedding dresses pretty often too but mostly pageants. It was $20 for my bustle AND hem. My bridal shop said $275.

Post # 16
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I paid $140 total, including all fabric. For that i had a bustle put in, the whole back changed from a zip up to a corset back, and some work and beading done around the arms. 

The topic ‘my alteration cost is $655 right now’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors