(Closed) My bachelorette is costing $175 per person!?!?!?

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 16
3031 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

And where is dinner at?! Any time i went out to eat for a bachlorette, we all just ordered our own meals and paid for them ourselves so we were able to control how much we were spending. Normally it was at a place that was $15-25/person. 

Post # 17
11517 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
MeandMyLouboutins:  are t-shirts needed?  Is the limo needed?  I’ve never been to a bachelorette party with those things and we’ve always had a blast.  If there were t-shirts it was usually just the BMs and they were always homemade.

Post # 19
2910 posts
Sugar bee

“Hey, so. You accidentally included me amongst the email recipients about the bachelorette, and while I love that you want to do something so extravagant for me, it’s too much. Can we please just go out for dinner and drinks? It’s really important to me that everyone be able to attend even if they only have a small budget.”

Post # 21
390 posts
Helper bee

Just suggest you don’t want something super fancy and you’re hoping you guys can Uber or something? Limos are SOOO expensive when you could just take an Uber ride. 

T shirts and pole dancing should only add up to about 40 dollars per person. Make sure dinner is somewhere less fancy maybe and it really shouldn’t be a big problem.

Post # 22
47458 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
MeandMyLouboutins:  I’m sorry. I must have misunderstood your question. I thought we were looking for ways to cut the cost.

I need a way to get her to lower the price. like now!!! Any suggestions!?

If she’s not listening to the BM’s, then I think you are going to have to speak directly to her. Just tell her that you accidentally received the email, and you need to ask her to make some changes to make the evening more affordable.

Post # 23
2910 posts
Sugar bee

You could also suggest that just you and she could do something like the pole dancing if you were both looking forward to it, as a friend thing separate from the bachelorette, if that would make her feel better. Unless you don’t like the idea and are just as happy to skip it LOL!

Post # 24
4889 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

As someone who has planned a number of parties, we always tried to make the cost pretty low for what we were doing. All of that sounds really fun, but I am sure some of it isn’t cheap.

I agree with other PP’s and don’t have the t-shirt. No one will wear it afterwards unless it’s maybe to the gym or to bed. Can you change from a limo to something a little cheaper? We have party bus’ in town that pretty inexpensive, depending on the number of people invited.

The pole dancing sounds fun, though! I think it’s fun to do an activity during these parties.

I went to a friends bachelorette party last spring in a city 3 hours away (although all but maybe 3 guests lived in the same city she does). We paid for gas down there, hotel room, dinner, cabs, and drinks. I’m sure I spent over $200 that weekend (gas and hotel were spplit by 4 of us)… and when it came to my party where you only had to pay $40 to do a painting, and then whatever drinks you bought at the bar when that was done… she only came to the bar part. Go figure.

Post # 25
4500 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I would stay out of it. They’re throwing this for you. It’d be different if you had specifically asked (slash demanded) that they do this for you. Just let them do it and trust that those for whom it’s too much money won’t participate or will speak up.

Post # 26
639 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
stillme:  But then that ultimately means that a number of close friends (including the OP’s sister) just won’t come.

That seems like a shitty outcome.

Post # 27
848 posts
Busy bee

Stay out of it- if everyone has an issue with the price- let them speak up. Yes you can cut costs- I would cut the T shirt and the class- but I don’t think $175 for a bachelorette party is unreasonable, I think that’s about average- considering that this includes paying for you- I would assume they all divided up your costs equally.

Post # 30
1403 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
MeandMyLouboutins:  Well, you shouldn’t be planning your own parties, which is why people are saying it’s inappropriate for you to step in.  Since you seem bound and determined to do so, go ahead.  Tell the Maid/Matron of Honor that you are concerned about the cost and see if she planned this on her own.  Not sure why your other bridesmaids are doormats – when I’ve been in a wedding and the Maid/Matron of Honor is planning something I don’t think the bride will like, or that I can’t afford, I have spoken up.

The topic ‘My bachelorette is costing $175 per person!?!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors