(Closed) My bachelorette is costing $175 per person!?!?!?

posted 5 years ago in Parties
Post # 61
14492 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

MeandMyLouboutins:  personally, I don’t think that’s crazy out of line for a good night out of partying and dinner, maybe slightly high. Maybe a better option to offer up is doing the evening ala cart. Then everyone can pick and choose where to meet you, then, if they want to skip pole dancing, they can and just meet you later for drinks or for dinner. Make the shirts optional and nix the limo, find someone with a big suv and ask an aunt, friend, cousin, parent, or someone who doesn’t drink to drive ya’ll.  

Post # 62
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

MeandMyLouboutins:  truthfully, I don’t think $175 is bad at all. I’ve been to many Bach parties and they usually cost somewhere around there. I was in a somewhat similar situation this week where I had to step in and situate a problem like this… My matron had originally said we could come to Atlanta and she and my Maid would plan it, they’d find a condo, etc. Well I knew going into this my matron isn’t a “bachelorette party” type girl. Long story short my matron didn’t back out but she just wasn’t producing a definite date for us and we had to know NOW. So I had to step in after speaking with her and tell my Maid/Matron of Honor to take over and have another Bridesmaid or Best Man help her. Since this all happened so fast and the locations changed I helped my Maid/Matron of Honor find a place that’s reasonably priced (I’m very good at planning stuff like this…) And got the ball rolling because all my girls have been constantly asking about it. Now its in my Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man hands to plan. There’s always situations that are perfectly acceptable for the bride to step in I think. It worked out great on our end and the price is amazing. I know if my Maid/Matron of Honor was planning something too extravagant IMO or that was too costly I’d kindly ask her about it. I don’t see an issue in that at all. 

Post # 63
109 posts
Blushing bee

Jewelieee:  oh God that is insane. I couldn’t imagine asking my friends to do that… 

Post # 64
3586 posts
Sugar bee

MeandMyLouboutins:  if i had to pick it would be the tshirts and the limo. Everyone can jump in one or two cars and go from point a to b. Obviously the dinner and pole dancing classes are going to cost a good amount but i say let them do it. It’s really unnecessary to have a limo IMO especially if it’s just from a pole dancing class to dinner. I’m pretty frugal with money so i would have been saying hell no to my girls If some didn’t feel comfortable. 

Post # 65
109 posts
Blushing bee

I just noticed your sister wont be able to make it, I didn’t see that before my reply! I still stand by my comment, you should kindly step in and speak about it with your MO . Be honest, she accidentally sent it to you so she can’t get angry. It was her mistake. But it’s good you know. Definitely say something! 

Post # 66
2699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I don’t think 175 is out of line. We did a spa day, and dancing…we definitely spent that. As for you, the party is a gift for you, I would stay out of it.

Post # 67
29 posts
Newbee

$175 for anything that isn’t actually fun or worth it is $175 too expensive! From a lot of responses it sounds like a bunch of people cough up money just to go along, but are not actually enjoying the bach parties.

Obviously, you know what can be cut- the cheesy parts- like the limo, t-shirt, and pole dancing. Hopefully, your cousin (or you) can get your Maid/Matron of Honor to rethink her plans and make it both more enjoyable and affordable. 

Post # 68
1553 posts
Bumble bee

I would not go to a bachelorette party with a pole-dancing class. Even if I wasn’t participating, it would be embarassing to watch…and I definitely wouldn’t pay for it.

Post # 69
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Lower the price from $175?? That is not unreasonable!

Post # 70
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - Barn Restaurant

In order to keep costs down at my bachelorette I talked to my Maid/Matron of Honor and we thought of ways to decrease the price. Mine was a local type event as well. We did Trapeze/ribbon aerial, then hotel party, dinner and drinks, Bottle service and dancing. 

Her and I ended up pitching in money to help drive down costs. I put in almost my entire portion and I paid for most of the extras/decorations. 

Another thing we did was gave guests the options to opt out of any event and just pay for what they took part in.

For reference ours was 85 for ppl not staying at hotel (assuming they took part in everything) and 140 for those that were

If this is such a big issue I would personally just talk to your Maid/Matron of Honor. You have to be very close I’m assuming…and while a “surprise” it’s not really a surprise…you all know its happening. Its really the only way you can work things out if its really bothering you. Best of luck!

Post # 71
3870 posts
Honey bee

MeandMyLouboutins:  Is it possible for you to cover some of your sister’s portion so she could attend? Otherwise, I would just tell Maid/Matron of Honor that you have seen the invite and are concerned with everyone being able to afford it. If invites have already gone out, I would assume that Maid/Matron of Honor has spoken to everyone invited about what is going to be involved. Even if the night cost $10 that doesn’t mean all women could attend. For me, $175 is just on the cusp of being too expensive, but I could probably still swing it, but I definitely appreciate those that can’t. If you want to have something more subdued where a higher number of girls can attend, ask your Maid/Matron of Honor if you can split up the night: The girls that want to go for dinner/drinks can do so, but they pay their own way (and those that buy the “package” will have theirs already paid for) after that, the group can split up as need be.

Post # 72
4698 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

You shouldn’t be involved in planning this at all but, since the invite was forwarded to you…. I think you could voice your concerns about the cost.

I’d tell them to consider cutting out the limo, not only to save money but.. Its a limo. This isn’t prom, its just a night out. It seems especially unnecessary if the cost of this night is going to result in people you love not being able to make it.

Post # 73
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Honestly that cost doesn’t seem out of line to me. I’ve been to two bachlorette parties recently and they cost me about $300 each! 

I will admit for me personally it was painful to shell out $300, that’s not a small amount of money. However, I knew going in what the cost would be and it was important to me to be there for my friends and celebrate them! Though I had to make some financial cuts in those months to be able to afford the parties, I think it was money well spent. 

I think it’s great you are so considerate of your friends and want to make sure no one is overextended and that everyone can come. I know I’m hoping to keep costs down too for my bachelorette. However, if your Maid/Matron of Honor is giving your girls a heads up about the cost early on you should let her do her thing and let your friends decide what they can and can’t afford. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  lanvin19.
Post # 74
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I could definitely see $175 if it was out of town in a big city..not sure where you live. But $175 for a local bachelorette party/event with it also just being a one day thing seems absolutely RIDICULOUS. I would be honest with her & tell her you saw the email.

Post # 75
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

MeandMyLouboutins:  The pole dancing could be a big problem because you have to have a lot of muscle strength to even be able to do it. How much do the women in your bridal party work out?

The topic ‘My bachelorette is costing $175 per person!?!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors