Post # 1
Long story short…My BF decided that he wanted to propose Feb-Mar. Obviously I am so excited! He just told me this last week. We have agreed to not spend more than $3,000 on a ring. The ring that I was looking for before I found out the price range was unfortunately over. So I decided to stalk Zales site and find something that would be my style and in his budget.
I was a bit confused when this weekend I told him that I had found the ring but he didn’t want to see it via web. He didn’t ask to look at it. If he plans to propose sometime between Feb-March AND ask my parents for permission, he needs to get it rolling. This ring is exclusively bought via zales.com and I just wish he took the initiative to be like, “Show me it”. I know some laid back men like mine like procrastinating but it just didn’t make sense since we were on the subject.
I am just not going to bring it up until he asks. If he asks to see it ever…
My boyfriend just told me that he wants to ask my parents for support to get married! I am thrilled because neither myself nor my parents were expecting this! I am sometimes a pessimistic person and I was just wondering What if my parents say no or not right now? Has anyone dealt with this?
Post # 3
@southernbelle381: You’re worried your parents will say you cannot get married? Um…I assume you’re over 18. So you can do what you want!
Post # 4
maybe he already boughta ring.
Post # 5
Could it be that he had no interest in looking at the ring because he already purchased one for you?
Post # 6
@peachacid: Lol I know. But, I have conservative parents. My BF did say that their answer will not stop him from asking. My parents treat me like a baby even though I am not. I am an only child however.
Post # 7
@li612: well shit. I didn’t think about that lol. I doubt he did honestly. I guess there’s no way of knowing for sure.
Post # 8
Maybe he wants to pick the ring out by himself?
Do your parents generally get along with him? If so, why do you think they would say no?
Post # 9
@MrsBeck: Because they would want me to finish with school. I am at the tail end with a job already offered to me. My BF however is recently unemployed. Given the fact that he has a masters in accounting, we as a couple are not worried about him finding a job. We will have a 10-12 mo. engagement and he will certainly find something.