- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
So, I’ve seen program fans all over Pinterest and instantly fell in love with the idea. Our ceremony is going to outdoors in June, so I thought this was perfect!
Over the last week, I made it my mission to design them. I created our own monogram, used the same art from our STD’s (for continuity purposes), and searched high and low for bridal party silhouettes.
I was able to find everything I needed. . . but was having a hard time designing them in Microsoft Word. I designed them in Paint, first, which I thought was a good idea, but when we printed them, they came out fuzzy. So, then I knew I had to design them in Microsoft Word. Fortunately, I was able to figure out how to do the vertical text (which was my biggest difficulty) and used invisible tables so everything looked even. We printed a test one and it was perfect!
Being that it snowed here in NJ, I figured it’d be the perfect weekend to get them done (my job was closed yesterday and today thanks to the snow!). Yesterday morning I went out to get my supplies. I needed 110 lb card stock in white. Did Staples have it? No. They were out of it. I even had them check in the back. The only other Staples in my area closed recently, so I was really discouraged that I wouldn’t be able to get these done like I had wanted to. Fortunately, a friend reminded me that even though that one closed, they opened a new one in a different part of town. Did they have the card stock? Yes! My project was back on! I then went to Joann crafts for glue dots, glue sticks, ribbon, popsicle sticks, and a corner rounder. Here’s a picture of all of my supplies:
FI’s sister and her gf helped me put them together and we had a nice assembly line going.
I folded the papers in half. FI’s sister put the glue dots on the popsicle sticks and glued the papers together. I then cut the corners with the corner rounder. And FI’s sister’s gf tied the ribbon on. We made 130 since we’re estimating 125 people (ceremony is RIGHT before cocktail hour. . . so we’re assuming most people will come to it) and it took us about 2 hours.
Here’s the finished product!
Front (we used teal, pink, and purple ribbons to match our color scheme)
I’m really so happy with how they came out. =)