- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013 - B&B
Hi Bees! I just wanted to share my Save-The-Date Cards with you all! I am pretty excited about how they turned out! Kind of makes me wish that I had been able to do enough to send them out to ALL my guests instead of just having 40 for family, but oh well 😛
I don’t remember exactly how much they ended up being, but I do believe it averaged out to roughly $1.00 per! So $40 total for 40 Save-The-Date Cards.
We got the tutorial out of a DIY Bride Handbook. We bought Silver envelopes and thank you cards:
They were blank inside. Then, we cut the cards in half along their fold.
We also had simply printed out on regular computer paper a small card with our information. Then, we purchased double sided tape, we had clear film from scrapbooking extras, and of course GLITTER.
We had originally planned to use foam tape (because it has a thickness to it, and we thought that would give enough of a space for the glitter to move.) However, the foam tape was hard to work with, and it made it MUCH harder to line up all the pieces. Regular double sided scotch tape worked perfectly!
So we have the two halves of the silver card. We cut a window in one, roughly the size of our blue info paper. Then, on the white inside of the other card, we traced our new window. We placed the paper into that trace (so we knew it would line up.) We then taped the blue paper down.
Then, you place a SMALL (less is more, in this case) spoonful of glitter in the middle. Very carefully, you line up a cut square of clear film (rough cut is fine, because you can trim the edges later!) over the tape and press it down. The glitter makes its own room to move. After that, you add another layer of double sided tape and place the card with the window cut into it, silver side up (or whatever color you like.)
The above picture shows the glitter spread all around. The next picture shows you how it can move about so guests can read what’s in there:
Yay!!! It didn’t take THAT long either. We had a bit of a learning curve with the foam tape, but once we got into a rhythm, it didn’t take very long at all. We (my mom and I) made 40 of them over saturday night and much of the day sunday. Im super happy with how they turned out! I’m a very glittery kind of girl 😛 We did buy most of the materials on some kind of sale, and we already had clear scrapbooking overlays, so that cut our costs down too.