- 7 years ago
- Wedding: November 1999
Many of you know that I am bedazzling (strassing) my dancing shoes for my something blue. To begin I must say that I didn’t know I had this much patience hehe…
I actually started this project back in April of this year. After reading about it online and seeing the videos on Youtube, I told my self let’s do it. So I ordered my Cobalt blue Rhinestones from Ebay, http://stores.ebay.com/hk-hotfix2008 My first ordered consisted of 2x 1440 16ss 4mm, 2x 720 20ss 5mm and 2x 720 6ss 2mm (these will be to finish the shoe after to cover any little tiny whole). I bought E600 glue from Michaels, bought a Jewel setter, which is this little stick that has a little ball of wax on one end to pick up the stones easily and a pointy side to it to help place the stones in place. There is also a magic pick which is also wonderful to use. I also bought a magical tray which helps put all the stones right side up.
So I grabbed my first shoe and used the bigger size stones and just started gluing them with no particular pattern. I started with the heel, which I now realize that it should really be the last thing you do so you can grab it while you’re doing the rest of the shoe. So I continued on just gluing the bigger stones. I didn’t even use the smaller ones. I finished one shoe in no time. I did not like it one bit, I’m not sure why I just didn’t like it, it didn’t look pretty enough for me. So what did I do?! I took all the stones out to re-start it again. Yes my shoe looked awful but I didn’t care, they were old anyways.
For the second time around, I ordered more smaller sizes stones. So I ordered 2x 1440 10ss 3mm and 2x 1440 16ss 4mm. My shoe looked really bad after ripping all the stones and glue apart. Now for my second attempts, I glued the bigger stones 5mm in the whole shoe, randomly placing them on my shoe. Then I started on the toe portion I used the 3mm size to the border around, then I used the 4mm to cover the shoe. So far I have done half of 1 shoe and I’m very happy I took the first try out apart. I started the back of the shoe as well and taking a little break for the holidays. I’ve done about 4 hours of work so far, many many more to go eekkk.
So now time for pictures yay!
So these are my shoes:
All the stuff that I need to start blinging them up: I used a Q-tip for the glue, I took off the coton part then a little bit at a time I placed some glue on the shoe then put the stones on. That worked very well for me.
First try whole shoe completed:
And after taking everything off and re-doing it: 1st side:
The other side:
Started working on the back of it:
And that is it for now… I will keep updating it as I go along.
Sorry this is sooo long, got carried away a little 🙂