- Ms Mini
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010
I have had this project finished for a while, but I just got around to taking pictures today!
This was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be (I probably made it more difficult on myself.
I cut the hat boxes (a slit in the top to fit a standard sized card, and cut the bottom out of the smaller box, and cur a same-sized circle in the bigger box). I then used spray adhesive, and adhered a layer of the thinnest quilt batting I could find to the boxes.
I cut the fabric to size, and stitched a tube to fit each of the boxes (the fabric goes all the way around, and I hand-sewed it together on the inside to make a tight and complete fit). I cut a large circle for the lids, and then hot-glued the fabric to the lids (this hurt – because to get it tight I had to press the fabric into the hot glue with my fingers). I then used the black ribbon that appeared on our invitations to the lids to cover the joint, and added some bling flourishes!
Here she is: