- 6 years ago
- Wedding: January 2013
First off, I’d like to appologize for the crappy cell phone pictures.
With a red and silver dress, I knew that I’d have to make my own veil. That’s okay. I was already thinking about it because I am not about to spend $250 on one. So, here’s the dress:
(I don’t know why this picture didn’t rotate like it was supposed to.)
On my way home from buying my dress, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and got the last 1 7/8 yards of silver tulle and a pack of beads. I had initially planned on doing a ribbon edge, but decided to go with the beads instead. The 1 7/8 yard was just enough to make two 30″ veils. I left one as a raw edge veil and beaded the other one. Here it is:
I know it’s a terrible picture, but you can just make out the red edge. Instead of ribbon, I went with ruby red #5 bugle beads. It gives a cool sparkly pencil edge effect and weighs the tulle down a bit. I think if I were going to to this again, I might research washing and drying the tulle (maybe with fabric softener?) to make it less stiff. I would think that a more expensive tulle would hang better. There are a couple of cool things about this veil.
The bead in the middle doesn’t look like much, but it’s from a bracelet that Fiance gave me for Christmas last year. He bought it for me in Paris, but the beads started falling off before we even got home. For a while, we were finding these things everywhere at the house. When it came time to do the veil, I could only find 6 of them. They along with 6 ruby red AB box beads are interspersed on the veil.
I first bought a pack of beads that was all red except for one, single, tiny blue seed bead that had made it in by mistake. If you look closely at the picture above you can just make out this blue bead in the middle of the red bugle beads. I thought that this would take care of my something blue.