(Closed) My dog is a fattie.

posted 8 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
Member
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

My beagle ate all of my halloween candy when I was 12.  He was pooping wrappers for a day or two and had quite the sugar high.

Post # 4
Member
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Awww! My foxhound (think tall skinny beagle) took a new loaf of Arnold Healthnut bread off the table and devoured all but 3 pieces from the entire loaf. He too had a food belly and had finally met his match.

 

Post # 5
Member
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@julia…lol….that would have been worthy of a picture. Luckily my dog doesn’t eat table food so we can leave whatever out and she doesn’t touch it.

Post # 6
Member
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

My belgian shepherd ate 4 packs of Twizzlers when we first got her. We found them hidden around the house for weeks after that. lol

Post # 7
Member
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh man, that’s gotta feel horrible.  Your pup must of regret that decision!  My childhood dog once ate an entire gingerbread house.  Not just any gingerbread house though.  My grandmother used to make these big, elaborate houses, they even had ceiling lights.  So my puppy ate the light fixtures and everything.  She was fine though.

Post # 8
Member
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

FI’s roommate’s dog once ate a whole pie his mom sent (he didn’t eat anything else for several days). My dog when I was a kid ate anything in sight – boxes of cookies, homemade pastries, etc.

Post # 9
Member
2027 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

My Lab will eat scented candles. She once at one of those really thick and tall ones that sit on top of a stand at my MIL’s house when we were on vacation. I think it smelled like apple pie. She pooped fire engine red wax for 3 days. 

Post # 10
Member
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

My labrador ate a whole bag of individually wrapped life savers. Pooped out plastic for days but got hyped up on sugar that afternoon. And i had no lifesavers for work! Those things are necessary when you wait tables all night.

Post # 11
Member
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I came home one day from work last month to see that my dog had eaten all my Godiva Truffles my husband gave me for valentine’s day.  She was okay (thank god), turns out milk chocolate isn’t as bad for dogs as dark.  Also, a few years ago, she ate an entire bag of dove chocolates (they hadn’t even been open yet). 

Post # 12
Member
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hahaha! My dog tries to eat anything/everything we leave laying around the house.  I came home once to find my dog sitting on a chair at my kitchen table eating pitas that Fiance had left out while he took a nap.  Bagels don’t seem to bad, hopefully she is feeling ok 😉

Post # 13
Member
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My dogs would eat everything if I let them. About a month ago my pug swallowed a pair of my thong undies 🙁 He had to get them surgically removed! My puggle LOVESSSSS bread and our neighbor throws it out for the birds, if she gets to it before I realize it is there she swallows the pieces whole like she has never ate a thing in her life!!!!

Post # 14
Member
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

my chihuahua (when she was a puppy) pushed her way into my bedroom (the door was closed, i have no idea how she managed it) and ate half of one of those giant chocolate bars that you can buy for a buck fifty at grocery stores. Ive heard that chocolate is poison to dogs, so when i came home four hours later, and found the chocolate bar half chewed, i freaked and rushed her to the vet where they gave her peroxide to make her throw up the chocolate. She is fine now, though, and lazy! See! (the brown one)

The topic ‘My dog is a fattie.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors