(Closed) My dress & bridesmaids dresses – is the combination too plain/simple?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think both dresses are great, I love the little pattern on the waist. I think you should do an amazing statement necklace to go with your dress though, its simple enough that you can overdo the accessories. And if you found a nice chunky necklace for the BMs that would work too.

Post # 4
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Love the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses! Once you have your hair and makeup done, some nice shoes and a bit of jewellery on it won’t look plain at all. Will you have a bouquet to match the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses?

Post # 5
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

There’s nothing wrong with a simple dress. I think it looks beautiful. Dresses don’t have to be OTT to be gorgeous.

Post # 7
1955 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

In my opinion, there’s no such thing as “too simple.” In general, I prefer a simpler aesthetic and I think your dress and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are all very pretty and will look excellent together!

Post # 8
566 posts
Busy bee

Your dress is beautiful.  The bridesmaids dresses are beautiful.  They will look beautiful next to each other.

Post # 9
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I LOVE the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress!  The combo with your dress will be very clean and classy. 

Post # 10
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Beautiful combination!

Simpler is classier, but I have never seen a wedding dress that was too simple.

Post # 11
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love the purple shoes! I’m also thinking of wearing a berry colored peep-toe shoe πŸ™‚

I agress once you add jewerly, hair/ make-up.. it will look great!

Post # 12
133 posts
Blushing bee

No i think it’s chic elegance.  I want my wedding to be clean lines and simple.  Everything doesn’t have to be flashy to be great!  Congrats!

Post # 13
Hostess
11093 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Like the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and love your bouquet and shoes – WOW

Post # 15
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

i think your dress choices are lovely.. i wouldnt listen to the Bridesmaid or Best Man who thinks its too simple… this is your wedding and as long as you like the combo, you should stick with it

Post # 16
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think the simplicity is wonderful.  I personally don’t like crazy-busy dresses, but the point is that everyone should have what is pretty to them!  I’m kinda weirded out that your bridesmaid was making those comments especially when she got to have her own thing already….how would she feel if someone told her that her dress was tacky?  Anyway, you seem to have a great attitude about it and I say keep on keepin on πŸ™‚  Ignoring her comments is the best way to go, YOU know you’ll look good!

The topic ‘My dress & bridesmaids dresses – is the combination too plain/simple?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors