(Closed) My Dress! Alvina Valenta 9161 Pics

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MrsB22:  your dress is amazing!!!!!  i have the same problem with my hair. ive been growing it out and really wanna wear it down- but everyone is telling me it looks better up- even the bridal consultant did! i feel like ive done all this work of growing it out for nothing!!! either way- u look amazing!!!

Post # 4
1769 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I love it! You look great.

Post # 5
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

It looks amazing on you! You should wear your hair however you’d like it 🙂

Post # 7
6743 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

@MrsB22:  Your dress is amazing!

Here are my thoughts – first, for the hair, I would speak to the person you pick for your hair and see if they can do some sort of an updo that you can either take down for the reception or something where it flows around your face more than a traditional updo, something a bit softer, so it’s sort of an in between an updo and a down do or a half down.  I actually don’t think you have to wear your hair up with that dress.  It has a very nice low back which will be seen regardless of how you wear your dress and I personally think it will look better with your hair down than up. 

As for the beaded sash, I’m sure if you keep looking, you’ll find something you like.  Look at some pre-owned sites that might have the beaded sash you liked, maybe you can find it used? 

Good luck!

Post # 8
483 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Try Etsy for a sash.

Post # 9
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

We’re dress twins!  I don’t have any pics of me in the dress yet, but I’m picking it up in December.  It looks great on you!  FWIW, I’m also concerned about my hair.  I feel better with my hair down, but have decided to go for an updo because I think it suits the dress better.

Post # 10
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

Very pretty!!

Post # 11
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

STUNNING!! Wow.  Love it!

Post # 12
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Beautiful dress!  I agree with the PP that you could possibly find another sash on Etsy. I’ve seen quite a few really beautiful ones, for much less than $1200.  

For your hair, maybe your can do a loose low “updo”.  I’m choosing to do my hair like this because I’m not a fan of the traditional updo.  I agree that the dress suits the hair to be up and back.

What about something like this:

Post # 13
2448 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

What color is that dress? It’s gorgeous! I hope you go with a similar sash, it really adds a wonderful element to the dress. 

Post # 14
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Check out MillieICARO shop on Etsy for sashes.

You chose a beautiful dress. I agree with previous poster, try a loose updo or even a side swept chignon. 

Post # 15
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I don’t have any suggestions on the hair or sash, but I just want to say that dress looks amazing on you! So beautiful!

Post # 16
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow! Your dress is stunning!

The topic ‘My Dress! Alvina Valenta 9161 Pics’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors