(Closed) My dress arrived!!!! Davids Bridal V9822 – need opinions

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Love your dress!… I don’t think you’ll need to get straps to get it to stay up.  You can have them sew in cups and it will be tight enough that you won’t have to worry about it slipping down

Post # 4
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i totally agree that you don’t need straps (unless you want them of course). some sewn in cups would do the trick (if you can find a fabric store, otherwise an alterations person can do it). that will give them the shape you’re looking for – as a fellow flatty, i know lol :]

Post # 5
539 posts
Busy bee

I had similar issue, and had cups sewn in and had no issues at all

Post # 6
4546 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Very pretty! And I agree with some of the other Bees that if it’s altered right in the chest it won’t need straps at all!

Post # 7
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

What a great dress!

Post # 9
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you still do want straps, you should go for the sheer ones.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi there.

Where did you order this dress from? I ahve found one in SOuth Africa, but only to hire & David’s Bridal website is no longer offering it.

Thanks

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Usuki:Hi, I’m also wearing this dress! So gorgeous!! My issue is that when at David’s bridal they had me put on the mermaid petticoat…this seemed to put a bump in the look of my dress right below my knees. I feel that this dress flares out  starting mid thigh. There is not really a petticoat made for this. If I were to wear an A-line one, it would add extra inches around my hips and butt (NEVER a good thing). Thinking I will skip the petticoat and go with a less-full look (even though I would like the skirt to poof out a little more. Are you wearing a petticoat under your dress?

The topic ‘My dress arrived!!!! Davids Bridal V9822 – need opinions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors