My dress came in, a little worried about alterations – Morilee 1862

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Im sure it will be fine. A professional seamstress can do wonders, dont stress about it! It looks amazing on you by the way!

Post # 4
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Your dress is going to be fine. The alterations you are talking about are pretty much standard.

Post # 5
6210 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

It definitely will look totally different after alterations. They wouldn’t order them this way unless they could do it! Don’t freak out over it.

Post # 6
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

GOOD LORD you have a nice body!!! Your seamstress will do a great job. It doesn’t look that poorly fitting right now.

Post # 8
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

All will be okay!  You’re going to look STUNNING in that gown!

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am happy to find your post, Im having the same issue…I need to order a morilee size 6 being a 4 because otherwise my dress wont be on time…They assure me I can bring it down one size and I am also concerned but happy to read the comments to your post. Have you had yours altered yet?? let us see photos please

Post # 10
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

It’s beautiful, I’m sure alterations will take care of everything.

Post # 11
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m in alterations limbo too! I’m also trying to relax and reassure myself that I went to a very reputable salon that knows what they’re doing. I’m sure the alterations will turn out well!!

Good luck!!

Post # 12
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

it looks amazing! I don’t think you’ll have to worry!!

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee

@AJ907:  

I too ordered the Mori Lee 1862 and the bridal consultant told me that they always have issues with this particular dress.  They said the pattern that is used is off and the girls often can’t end up wearing it.  I hope this doesn’t happen to me or you!! I ordered it anyway because it’s the only dress I fell in love with.  Fingers crossed!!!! Wink

Post # 15
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I have this same dress.. I am actually going for my final fitting today! Mine was also two sizes too large in the waist… my seamstress had to take it in A LOT. At my last fitting a couple weeks ago, it was still doing the bunching thing that you are talking about, but not as bad. We discovered that part of the problem is that the top of the dress has boning, and the bunching happens where that boning ends. I’m not sure how much getting it altered will help, unfortunately. I can let you know after I try it on for the last time tonight though! 🙂

Post # 16
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’d love to hear updates regarding all your alterations journeys with this dress!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors