(Closed) My engagement & my daughters broken engagement

posted 8 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think you’re right and yes, she is probably sensitive right now.  I bet she will play a special part in your wedding right?  Well maybe have a girls’ spa day together and just spend extra time together.  Have a heart to heart talk too just the two of you. 

I’d let her know (I’m a mom, but to a little boy but could only imagine this) that I love her, that if anything makes her uncomfortable to let me know, and that no matter what she does or doesn’t feel like doing (wedding related) that you just love her!

Post # 4
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Just let her know that you are going dress shopping on X Day and would like for her to come.  I was a broken engagement too and yes it takes time to get over and was hard to see my girlfriends get engaged and married. But I sucked it up and put a smile on my face and did my part.  Your daughter will too.

Post # 5
572 posts
Busy bee

Aww, i feel horrible for your daughter. I had a broken engagement a long time ago. She loves you and will always love you and I’m sure she will do anything to make you happy, just be sure to be extra sensitive with her.

I hope all goes well.

The topic ‘My engagement & my daughters broken engagement’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors