My fiance walked out on us !!!!!

posted 4 months ago in Weddingbee
Post # 31
232 posts
Helper bee

bees :  Alright lady I will tell you what happened to me. My husband and I were having problems. When I was traveling he completely moved out. There is a lady at my gym that this happened to. She prayed for him to come back. But that was not the answer to her prayers. She found someone better to be a husband and dad to her two kids. So I took what she said into account.

I prayed for my husband to come back and didnt want him to go. We met a few times to see if we could work things out but all he did was blame everything on me. The longer he was away the more I realized he was emotionally abusive and neglected me. I am at the end of the divorce process but can tell you I am so much better.

To be honest I feel terrible because I am 40 and really want a baby and who knows who I will find. I cry when I see pregnant people and other girls with their husbands and baby.

But honestly I am so happy he is gone and you will feel the same way when time goes by. Better to get rid of him now than to waste a lifetime w him.

Post # 32
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Please talk to a lawyer. There is a very good chance that if he went for 50/50 custody of your daughter, it would be granted. Depending on each of your incomes, you may very well end up owing HIM child support, if this is the case. He may be acting like he doesn’t want to be involved as a father right now, other than throwing $600 your way each month, but he could change his mind at any time. You need professional guidance on this.

Post # 33
352 posts
Helper bee

I’m so sorry you are going through this.

You need to speak to a lawyer, particularly if he is self-employed. Child Support laws are different depending on where you are from, but there should be a set amount based on his income, and there can be additional amounts for expenses such as healthcare, child care and extra curriculars.

Self-employment is interesting because often you are allowed to deduct expenses for tax purposes (i.e. office home use, cell phone, vehicle) that have a personal component. These amounts should be added back in. I don’t know whether he has completed financial statements if he has only been self-employed for a year, but you should be able to get an idea of income from “lifestyle”. He may also have to produce banking records, and the sooner you have access to these the better.

There is a judge in our local Court who always says “you breed ’em, you feed em”. Child support is your daughter’s right.

Take care of you and your daughter.

Post # 34
530 posts
Busy bee

bees :  I agree w/ all previous posters above.

Stiffen your backbone & get him for child support. Don’t let him manipulate you like that. 

Also you are better off w/o him. You & your daughter deserve better than this! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors