Post # 1
Hey guys! I JUST got engaged last weekend, but I was so excited that I made an appointment at David’s Bridal and went yesterday on my own – just to see what shapes I like and get an idea of what I want without other opinions. When I look for dresses with my mom and etc., I want to at least have a starting point!
I totally fell for the big dresses – when will I ever get to wear one again, after all? Just wanted to share some photos! The first two are the ones I liked the most, and the last two are “no”s for me personally because they didn’t beat the big dresses.
1. It’s a soft white ballgown and I love the scattered lace pattern on it and I really love the neckline!
2. This one is a Melissa Sweet, whose dresses I actually loved online and forgot to tell the consultant – she just brought this one to me! I love the skirt and the color (photos don’t do either justice – the color is a definite creamy ivory). The skirt has all these layers and the second layer from the top has a gorgeous lace pattern that peeks through the top tulle. Super romantic. I’m wondering if the neckline isn’t quite as flattering, though?
3. This one is an A-line and while I liked the idea of the straps (although they were huge on me!) and the shape being lighter and easier to move in, it didn’t blow me away like the first two listed here did.
4. This one is a trumpet (I think Oleg Cassini?) and I like the shape it gives me, but again, not sure it had the flowy and romantic feel I like so much (although this one is also too big – and probably should have been clipped under my butt, but I didn’t realize till after).
Sorry if the pics are huge! And ignore any derpy facial expressions 😉
Post # 2
- Wedding: May 2016 - Magnolia House
I like both ball gowns but I like the neckline on the first. They are both beautiful though. I fell for the ball gowns too!
Post # 3
That Ivory ballgown is PERFECT on you. I like that silouette on your figure and the neckline is more flattering on you than the first ballgown. I think because you’re a bit on the busty side with defined shoulders (I am too) the total sweetheart neckline isn’t the best. The scalloped edge gives you a softer more feminine look.
To be honest, I think trumpet and mermaid styles only really look good on one specific body type. It’s pretty on you, but it doesn’t do you justice. The a-line is also great on some body types, but the ballgown gives you a really defined waist and bust in a way that the a-line just doesn’t.
Post # 4
Nice!! I think you’re definitely a ball gown kind of girl 🙂 the first one looks stunning!! It really suits you.
Post # 5
Dress 1 or 2 for sure. Ballgowns are made for you!
Post # 6
You look amazing in all of them. Since you like the ball gowns though i am going to pick the ball gown i like the most on you and go with number 1.
Post # 7
oh my gosh, #1 was my second favorite dress at David’s. I ended up choosing a dress at a different store, but that one is so pretty and SO flattering. Love it!
Post # 8
Thanks for your insight! I was actually worried that my “bustiness” was more pronounced in Dress 2 (not in a good way), but it’s nice to get another perspective! I’m definitely still dreaming about the skirt of #2 so it’s nice to know the neckline works – at least in some people’s opinions!
Post # 9
I don’t know how to tag more than one person in a reply… 🙁
Thank you SO much everyone!! I’m so happy that other people give thumbs up for the ballgowns… I went in liking them but expecting to feel like a balloon, but I felt awesome!
Post # 10
One of the ballgowns, I think!
Post # 11
I like the first ballgowns shape up top better but both are beautiful!
Post # 12
That Melissa Sweet ballgown was made for you!!!!!!!!! It fits you perfect!!
Post # 13
- Wedding: May 2015 - Antique Rose Emporium
First off, I’m pretty sure we went to the same college. LOL. That’s random. Congrats on getting engaged. I voted for #4 solely for the shape it gave you. looking again though, #1 seems like the overall best.
Post # 14
They all look great on you! My favorite is the first though, but you really can’t go wrong with any.
Post # 15
- Wedding: June 2015 - Surrey, BC, Canada
I absolutely LOVE the Melissa Sweet on you!!! WOw it looks awesome.