- Frugal Bride
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010
So, with only 7 weeks until the wedding we’ve really hit crunch-time. Fiance and I were originally planning on a big traditional wedding next summer, but because of various reasons (finances, family issues, etc.) 2 weeks ago we decided to scrap all other plans and have an intimate, 30-person wedding this July. Needless to say, we went from having “all the time in the world” to plan, to just 2 months!
So, with the wedding approaching, I really have to get my butt in gear and take care of some details. I interpret my dream as being my subconscious telling me to get a move on!
So, the dream was very simple: Fiance was waiting at the top of the alter, and I was walking towards him. It was a nice enough dream, but…
What was wrong with the dream:
1. I was wearing glasses. My own personal preference, I don’t think that I want to be wearing my glasses with my bridal get-up. I’ve purchased contacts and have been wearing them to get used to them, so my eyes aren’t all irritated on the big day. The problem, I find them really uncomfortable, partly because I cheaped out not wanting to buy really expensive ones just to “practice” with. Because I find them so uncomfortable I hardly ever wear them!
2. My dress was too long. My dress fits nearly perfect in every way, I just need to have it hemmed one or two inches. It’s annoying, because when I’m just standing the dress looks like it’s a fine length, but when I try to walk the front of it drags on the ground rather then just sweeping the ground, and I end up stepping on the dress.
3. There were still straps on the dress. My dress came with straps, which I liked in the picture, but not so much on me. I plan to have them removed. If I’m desperate I will just cut them off myself. (Don’t gasp, the straps are a sheer net-like material that are sewn into bodice, not actually part of the bodice. So if need be I don’t anticipate it being a problem to use a small pair of sharp scissors to cut them off.)
4. There was no music. Because Fiance and I are having such a small, inexpensive wedding, we aren’t going to spring for live music or a DJ. We’re going to keep it simple, and plan on putting together a playlist on my iPod, but we still need to go out and find a docking system to play it on. FI’s brother and sister-in-law got married in a somewhat similar fashion, and they overlooked the music part, so Sister-In-Law had to walk down the “aisle” without any music. It wasn’t a huge deal, but it was a little awkward, so we plan to learn from their mistake.
5. The photographer showed up just in time for the ceremony, but wasn’t there earlier to shoot my prep. Fiance and I have managed to find a photographer on short notice (our original photographer wasn’t available on our new date…), but between all of us being busy, we can’t meet in person until June 6. Which means as yet we do not have a contract and we haven’t really discussed times, and I’m the type that just has to have everything written in stone!
So, these are all small issues that have been dancing around in my head for the last couple weeks, which I know need to be dealt with. It seems that this dream was just my subconscious nagging me further to get a move on!
Have you had any wedding-related dreams yet? And have they been good or bad?