(Closed) my hair & makeup trial…what do you think?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: What do you think?
    Hair & Makeup both look good, wouldn't change anything! : (10 votes)
    14 %
    Hair looks good, but you should shorten the lashes : (13 votes)
    18 %
    Makeup looks good, but you should choose a more stable hairstyle : (26 votes)
    36 %
    Shorten the lashes and choose a more stable hairstyle : (20 votes)
    28 %
    Other (explain below) : (3 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    2054 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

I really like your hair inspirations…but it needs to stay up all night!! I also think you need at least a little bit of hair in the front…just to soften the look a little bit. I think your make up looks great!

Post # 4
    8353 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2011

I think they both look great; however, I would shorten the lashes, especially if you don’t wear them often. I think the makeup could also be a little darker, but it could just be the lighting. Your hair looks great, and if the hairstylist puts enough pins and spray on it, it should last all through your wedding. You aren’t going to be taking your clothes off and putting them back on throughout your wedding, so you should be fine.

Post # 5
    4803 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I would shorten the lashes just a bit and also choose a hairstyle that will stay up all night.  That or find another hairstylist that can make that happen with the same hairstyle 🙂  Also, this might be the look that you want, but it doesn’t look like you have anything on your lips.  The eyeshadow looks great!

Post # 7
    916 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

The hair look great!  I think the right product would help it hold up better.  As for the front, I think if you just loosen some of the front hair but still pin it back, it would look softer than pulling it straight back.  The makeup also looks awesome, very natural, but personally I think the lashes are a bit much.  Shortening them would probably help.

Post # 8
    3982 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I would shorten the lashes some, but not much. Otherwise I think it all looks great!

Post # 9
    3601 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

I would shorten the lashes- after all you want your Fiance to like it! I would also address the hair not staying up. You want it to last all night!

Post # 10
    1325 posts
    Bumble bee

I think the lashes are fine, how many pictures are you going to want of you with your eyes closed? 🙂

There actually might be a few, so my advice on the lashes wouldn’t be to trim them, but to get different ones. I don’t think it’s the length that is the issue since they don’t look longer than most falsies that I’ve seen. I agree they look a bit “off” when your eyes are closed so it may be they are actually too uniform and dense. They just don’t look like very natural falsies and the do seem to have a bit of a costume look to them all though not that bad and they look fine in your open eyed photo. I would suggest finding some other ones, possibly at the MAC counter if you have one near you.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/150/248/1-Lash/index.tmpl

on the left, click on all the different kind! some of them are wispy, some of them are dense etc etc.

Post # 12
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I agree about getting new false lashes.  They look great on you, but I think they are too dense.  I think if you get some wispier ones, they’ll be just what your looking for!  And I REALLY like your first two hair inspirations… the third isnt as “bridal” to me.  

Post # 14
    546 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Everything looks good to me.  I’m sure the stylist could use more pins and spray on the day.

Post # 15
    7771 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I think you look very nice.

Post # 16
    2459 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I had a similar do, perhaps it was more teased, because mine didn’t move. As for the eyelashes, go and get eyelash extensions put in that way they will do individual lashes which look way more natural also they will last up to a month. Alternatively ask your makeup artist to use individual lashes instead of the ones stuck together

I also agree with a pp the makeup needs to be darker. esp for your prof pics.

The topic ‘my hair & makeup trial…what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors