- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
I just returned from a trip to NYC with 7 of my girlfriends. I am from Canada, so making the trek to New York and going to Kleinfeld’s was a big deal for me. I am a huge fan of SYTTD and have met Randy twice on his stops though Atlantic Canada for bridal shows. Despite this, I tried not to set Kleinfeld on a pedestal for a few reasons:
1) I was looking for a sample, and I assumed this would limit your selection
2) I had a low budget relative to the majority of the brides you see on the show, and
3) I did not want to be disappointed if I didn’t find my dream dress like the brides on the show.
So when I arrived from my appointment this past Sunday, I had convinced myself that I was there for the experience, and that finding a dress would just be a happy addition to an amazing trip to New York.
My experience defied every expectation I had.
1) There were plenty of samples to choose from, with a variety of styles and price ranges,
2) My consultant (Ingrid) was happy to work with my budget, and did not make me feel any less special because of it, and
3) I found my dream dress, in my budget, and had one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
A few points I would like to make:
-The customer service staff were excellent to deal with in scheduling and changing appointments
-The consultants are all lovely – and many from the show were there, happy to have their picture taken and chat with you
-They were happy to work with my posse of 7 girls, allowing half in for the first 30 minutes of my appointment, and the other half afterwards
-Once I had decided on a dress (my DREAM dress, did I mention that?) the staff encouraged me to walk around the bridal floor, get my photos taken with my friends and consultant, and allowed me all the time I needed to take in the experience.
-The consultant and her fellow consultant-in-training were so lovely, and made me somehow feel very comfortable (which is tough in your underwear and heels in a small room with two strangers!)
-The consultant did not in any way try to encourage me to go over my budget, and went to the manager on my behalf to see if they could do any better on the price of a dress that was slightly over my budget (which she did, quite successfully).
All in all, the experience was outstanding. I can not rave about this place enough. It was a dream come true and I encourage any bride considering Kleinfeld to make the trip.