- 7 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
All of us bees who were L.I.W. before, or currently waiting (like myself) have had those terrible waiting days where you just wanted to stare into the soul of your SO and scream, “PUT A RING ON MY FINGER, GOD DAMNIT!” Of course, the majority of us have had more of an “adult” approach to hinting at our desire for most important piece of jewlery we will ever own.
What are some ways you’ve dropped the “not-so-subtle” hints to your man? And what are some things he says that make you feel like engagement is being dangled right in front of your face, but too far to reach? I’ve shared mine below:
1. I wear a fake, sparkly, OH-SO shiny ring on my left ring finger. I’ll (not so) casually say, “I need a new ring! This one turns my finger all green!’
2. All of my lady friends keep getting engaged and posting their new sparklies on Facebook, so I browse through all of their ring/wedding ideas pictures with my man right behind me.
3. I HATE calling my man “boyfriend” — it sounds so juvenile! He actually dislikes it, too. So on occasion, I will call him, “Boy of friend; friend of boy” to be silly, and he’ll reply with, “Hus of band, band of husb” and/or “Fi-an-ceeee” I do this PURPOSELY just to get that warm and fuzzy feeling.
4. To coincide with the above, my man often calls me “baby mama”, “wifey”, “fiance” He even introduces me to people as his fiance! Does this make anyone else want to punch your SO in the head!? It’s sweet, BUT STOP TEASING ME!!! 🙁 Lol!
5. My mother adores my man! So whenever I call back home every other week, I sit faithfully at his side so he can hear my mother and I talk about engagement and wedding details.
6. I told my SO that my cousin is getting engaged soon and wants me to help her plan (she’s really not getting married). I used this as an excuse to bring up rings and dresses, point and go, “OOOH!!”
So tell me, what do you do to catch your SO’s attention for some momentary escape from being hush-hush about engagement? And what are some things he does or says that tortures you in your waiting process? Tell me all of your crazy attempts, my little bees!
P.S. I love that there is a board especially for those of us who are waiting. You have no idea how much reading these make my bad waiting days turn into giddy, fun ones!