- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
My photographer has put up some “sneak peaks” on her blog. I’m beyond happy with the results and couldn’t help but share!! Here’s the link to her blog:
There’s also more pictures if you click on “weddings”. We’re page 1 – 5 and the first two pics on page 6.
Here are some interesting tidbits about my wedding:
– Our reception was at a firehall. They provided no setup so I got up at 5:30am the morning of the wedding to set up. Darling Husband, Father-In-Law, and a Brother-In-Law showed up at 8:30am and finished up while I left to get my hair done. So, so, so glad this is how we did it. The physical labor calmed me down and I didn’t have to worry about how the reception looked. Actually, my hairstylist said that in the 26 years she’s been doing hair that I was the calmest bride she had ever worked with.
– Since the church is only three miles from our home, Darling Husband and I both got ready at home. There’s a picture of me standing on the stairs… this wasn’t staged. When Darling Husband went to leave for the church, our dog got out of the basement and decided he wanted to play with the twelve people that were currently at our house. I was patiently waiting on the steps for five minutes while the dog was corralled 🙂
– My flowers are Sam’s Club Bright Collection. They were a little small scale, but they were gorgeous. Our wedding was low key, so a big bouquet wouldn’t have fit in.
– There was only 65 people at our wedding, so we were able to do a group shot of everyone. For people with small weddings, I totally recommend this! We had a signature mat guest book, and we’re going to put the group picture in it.
– Darling Husband and I didn’t do a first dance (we just played music from a laptop over the sound system at the hall). The picture of us dancing was completely staged. Pretty sure Seven Nation Army was playing at this point—definitely not a slow song!