- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
Before you get too far, we are from the Rockies and we are trying to do a lot of huckleberry stuff as a hometown touch. If you haven’t had one, it’s like a blueberry.
– cheddar bacon dill potato salad
– crustinis (like the thin slices of toasted bread you get with spinach artichoke dip) topped with a mix of blue cheese, olives, cream cheese, and chopped nuts, served with little saucers of tomato basil soup for dipping
– fruit salad tossed with honey and lime and poppy seeds. She serves it in pineapples!
– fruit and veggie trays
– choice of marinated flank steak (seasoned with olive oil, white wine, garlic, pepper) or slow cooked chicken breast topped with a homemade huckleberry barbecue sauce
– the best freakin’ potato wedges I’ve ever eaten, topped with basil and parmesan and olive oil
– Caesar salad
– grilled and lightly seasoned mixed veggies
– mini huckleberry pies!!!! served in baby food jars with twine bows around the rim SO CUTE. It’s very small – just about four bites – but the caterer said we are having more desserts than she’s ever seen at a wedding, so we’re keeping the portions small so people can have room for several!
– tiramisu served the same way
– slices of fudge brownies topped with powdered sugar very moist such wow
– baby cinnamon rolls
– lemon bars (topped with powdered sugar)
– wedding cake of course (huckleberry filling)
Beverages: water with lemon/lime, huckleberry lemonade, iced tea, something else (she was going to peruse pinterest for another idea, maybe a punch), a variety of cans of soda
Alcoholic options: lotsa wine, three kegs, and Mike’s / wine coolers
Anything missing? Do you feel like you’d have enough selections to be full and happy?
We just had a tasting and everything was so good, especially the two potato dishes. She made everything in advance and reheated it for our tasting, because that’s the reality of a buffet-style dinner for certain dishes and all the desserts. I’m glad she did that because I’d hate to have liked the food fresh and have been disappointed with it as it reheated on the actual wedding day!