My new AGS 000 Moissanite is here! But…

posted 4 weeks ago in Rings
Post # 2
618 posts
Busy bee

Yes, do contact them about fixing the dents and modifying the prong. Those are errors in workmanship and should be covered at no charge. 

In other news… your ring is stunning, as is the moissy! 

Post # 4
1027 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Absolutely they should fix this! That prong is way off. 

Post # 5
2777 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

Definitely have them fix it. And do it soon. They’re known for turning situations like this around and making it not their fault. You’re most certainly not the first one to run into issues like this with MoCo.

On a positive note, Can’t wait to see more pics of the stone! 

Post # 6
5335 posts
Bee Keeper

It has to go back, contact them.

Post # 7
1739 posts
Bumble bee

Just contact them. I’m hoping they will make it right. I know alot of people have had issues with MoCo but I’ve only had positive experiences with them. On the positive I’m glad you love the stone.

Post # 10
2777 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

Sorry you’re having problems!

If the MoCo setting was a little over $400, DK will run you a few hundred more. I’d say $650 or so if I had to guess, in 14k gold. 

You aren’t the first Bee to have issues with the craftsmanship of MoCo. I’d cut my losses, keep the stone and get it set by someone else. You could always get a setting online and have a local jeweler pop the stone in. 

Do you have pics you can post? 

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

newbeegirl :  It shouldn’t be common at all for a simple setting to have this many issues. Ugh, I’m sorry you’re going through this. My Moco setting is more ornate, and there are no dents or misshapen areas. The craftsmanship is excellent, so messing this up is ridiculous. I do have a solitaire in a simple setting on order with them currently as well, so we will see how that turns out. You’d think quality control would catch these things. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors