(Closed) My poor finger!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
Member
1470 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

is it white gold?  I wonder if you are becoming allergic to it?  I had a friend who is allergic to gold, it got so bad she went to the jeweler to get it cut off (never go to ER to get ring cut off they will destroy it, a jeweler will do a much better job at cutting a ring off)  anyway she had to upgrade to platnium since she was allergic to gold! 

It wont really be noticable, it will be a minor detail, just make sure its not getting worse and make sure you are not allergic to your ring!

Post # 4
Member
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I doubt it will be noticeable. You could put some foundation and concealer on it maybe? And still take the pictures you want, most photographers should be able to easily photoshop the irritation out. 

Post # 5
Member
3182 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I wouldn’t worry about it, even if it is noticable in pictures your photographer can probably photoshop it out!  

Post # 6
Member
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Have you done anything involving your hands being damp, in water often?  I worked in a restaurant kitchen for a while, and the water from washing hands, dishes etc would leave the skin under my ring damp.  After a few weeks, a bacteria thingy started to grow cuz of the constant damp.  It got all red and irritated, and I had to leave off all jewlery for several weeks to let it clear up.  After that I got a gold chain, and would thread my rings on it when I got to work.  When I was done I could put them back on and wear them home.

Post # 7
Member
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m wondering about the metal as well. Is it white gold, and do you have a nickel or other metal allergy? White gold rings are plated with rhodium, which gradually wears off, exposing the alloy underneath. You might have just worn off enough of the rhodium to start reacting to it.

Post # 9
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I agree. I also used to work at a restaurant and we always took off any jewlery before cleaning. The solution can get stuck in/under your jewlery and burn your skin after a few days of constant contact. 

 

Post # 10
Member
1470 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@dayl20:  if it is a fungus you need to try Lamisil, its over the counter, you can get it at any drug store and it will clear up in a few days!  If it does not clear up its something else!  I would go now and get some Lamisil cream

Post # 11
Member
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

sounds odd at first but try soaking it in listerine mouthwash for 15 minutes each night.  Its an old rememdy for athletes foot.  It has worked for my Uncle on more then one occasion, so it might help clear up the redness, and it can’t hurt to try.

The topic ‘My poor finger!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors