Post # 17
I would start contacting people. For mine, I did my side and gave his side family to his mom, and had Fiance do his side friends.
Waiting for a while after the RSVP date is polite, but pretty worthless (IMO). We didn’t find a single person who was just waiting to send it in at the end. Everyone who hadn’t sent it had forgotten or lost the invite or were just being rude and not bothering to RSVP no.
Post # 18
You need to call to follow up. The response may have been lost in the mail, or they may have forgotten to mail it, or a whole slew of other excuses. You have to call to be sure. I would wait a few days after your date and then start calling. He calls his family, you call yours, and divide it up so it’s manageable. We had our moms follow up with the non-responders.
Post # 19
I would give it one week and then start contacting everyone. Do not assume that they are declines because you’d be surprised…
Post # 20
I guess I’ll start calls on friday if I haven’t heard. The venue asked that we have our final numbers in the following week. I just didn’t want to cut it close. It’s almost entirely my side of the family who hasn’t responded. He has one Aunt and Uncle who have not responded yet. On my end, none of my siblings have sent their response cards despite that I know they are coming (however I don’t know what their entree choices are or if they are bringing guests) my mother, my stepfather, my cousins, my uncles and aunts, my grandfather, and one of my friends haven’t responded.
Post # 21
@BriansBride: you need to follow up with every guest that you didn’t receive an RSVP from…and with a phone call, NOT a text or Facebook message. Call and leave a voicemail. Do this twice a few days apart. If you still don’t hear back, call a third time and tell them in a voicemail that you are marking them down as not coming.
Post # 22
We actually got 95% of our response cards (we invited 170 people total) back by the RSVP deadline. For the remaining 5%, we emailed & Facebook messaged them and learned of quite a few instances where they insisted that they had dropped it in the mail weeks ago. All this to show that USPS isn’t always (or ever) the best at what they do!
Here’s what I wrote to my late RSVP’ers: “Hi [insert name]! We sent you a wedding invitation and RSVP card a few weeks ago. I hope you received them. The RSVP deadline is this week and so we wanted to check in and see if you were planning to attend. If you can let us know if you’re coming, that would be great! We hope to see you very soon!”
Post # 23
Calling is a very good idea. We followed up with a few people who hadn’t responded and almost all of them were coming. We only had about 10 people or so, but that could have been 10 people who didn’t have a seat or a meal!