(Closed) My ring has major flaws & I feel HORRIBLE! Help!!

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2249 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

if he paid with visa and it was not as described visa will protect him. he should call them immediatly!

Post # 4
1104 posts
Bumble bee

Oh no, I hope you can fix it! I don’t know what the best way to go about fixing it is, but I do know how it feels to get a flawed ring, I’m glad he was ok with you telling him. My guy was really upset and it had a big effect on us (this is a long time ago). Good luck! (PS don’t feel bad – of course you wouldn’t want him being ripped off!!!)

Post # 5
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Don’t feel bad!  I kind of know what you mean in a minute version of the story. 

A few months ago, I was looking at my ring and SWORE that there was a crack in the center of the stone.  It turned out that it just needed a super good cleaning and that there was some kind of gunk on the bottom of the stone.  But, I felt SO BAD telling my Fiance.  He did tell me that it was fine to tell him in the future if something on my ring needed attention or repair because it was quite an investment and needs to be taken care of.

But I second vistagirl in suggesting that your Fiance contact the website to address the problem, and if they are no help, stop payment to his credit card.  The credit card company will back up the rest of the situation.  There are laws and regulations set up to protect people from situations like these… 

Post # 6
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Why won’t they fix it? If it’s nothing like what you ordered (read: not exact!) then you deserve to have that fixed!!! And i agree, cancel the payment or refute it. You don’t have to pay for something that’s broken/flawed/not correct in the first place

Post # 7
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

This is horrible.

I am sorry you are so sad. Is there anyway to send the ring back and go shopping for one that you really love. That is, actually go to stores and look at them? I would imagine you can save money by buying online, but clearly this didn’t make for the reaction every boyfriend soon-to-be-husband is looking for.

If sending it back is not an option, perhaps you can take it to a jewelery store to look at repair and cleaning. You might even have it appraised, I think it only costs about $70 and is worth the peace of mind. Becauase it is new, the appraisal should come back within ballpark of what was paid. If you like the stone once it is clean you could get it reset on a band you do like (color is right, milgrain is well, milgrain). I hear Blue Nile is a great place for diamonds, so if your taste of this other website is not good, maybe you could order a lose stone and have it mounted in the setting you like at another jewelery store.

I am sorry, this is so sad. You should love looking at your ring everyday. At least I do, I still get giddy thinking about how we shopped for it and all the effort he went to in order to propose.

((((((hugs))))))

You’ve got the proposal and now you just want to make sure that a couple your money is spent wisely and it doesn’t feel like it was to you, or that you are being ripped off by a website.

Best of luck.

Post # 8
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’m so sorry you are going through this.  It never hurts to push your point, and your fiance doesn’t want you going around not loving your engagement ring… so he should be very supportive of trying to do what it takes to get it right.  Any good jeweler is going to want a satisfied customer as well, so don’t hesitate to speak up.

(And trust me, I know what I’m talking about on this one!)

Post # 9
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Good luck!! I’m so sorry about this but I think it’s better you told him upfront rather than pretending you are happy or ok with it. Don’t feel bad. He should definitely call and try to get a refund especially if it doesn’t match the picture.

If you’re looking for a good deal my fiance got my ring from http://www.bluenile.com it’s gorgeous and it appraised for double what he paid for- very ruputable, all my girlfriends rings are from there. 

The topic ‘My ring has major flaws & I feel HORRIBLE! Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors