- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
Hello my lovelies..!
This site has helped me out so much along the way. I felt I needed to contribute back to this community with a recap (yeahhhh baby!). First things first, hubby and I agreed our wedding was AWESOME. We didn’t get to dance or eat as much as we would have liked (as our photogs and videographers had most of our attention), but it seems all the guests were having a wonderful time. And that’s exactly what we wanted so we couldn’t complain..!
We ended up with surprisingly gorgeous weather here in Northern NJ (but cold towards the evening! Brrrrr), and managed to squeeze in a 30-min ceremony outdoors in the beautiful piazza of our venue. So dreamy!
Here were some mishaps along the way (as we all know to expect at least a couple!).. I took everything in stride like a good bride should
- The hotel welcome bags for Out of Town guests.. I still don’t know where they are.! My brother was supposed to bring them to the hotel sigh… I had packed the yummiest snacks and everything too.. down to pretty bags with labels and ribbon.
- Chinese tradition calls for couple to visit each table at the reception and take group pictures. Sounded easy enough, right? But not when everyone is trying to have 20-min convos with you..! By the time hubby and I had 3 tables left to go, our party was almost finished 🙁
- I BURNT my hand. My hair artist dropped something as I was walking by.. I instinctively reached down to grab it for her. It was a BURNING HOT CURLING IRON. Holy bejeesus. Had to spend most of my prep time icing my hand with my bridesmaids’ help hahaha. Hurt to even hold my bouquet
- Our videographers charging us an extra $300 dollars for not receiving their dinner at our reception. I know I paid for dinner for 8 vendors, so we really don’t know what happened. We suspect that when the videographers wanted to grab some last-minute shots of us at like 11PM (our celebration ended at midnight), the venue must’ve taken their food away..? Regardless, we were pretty peeved about this.
- Our 2-yo ring bearer froze in the middle of the aisle and my Bridesmaid or Best Man had to carry him down the rest of the aisle. Then he started acting up in the beginning of the ceremony haha.. one of the Groomsmen had to carry him down to his mother. I half-expected this with a 2-yo of course.
- My bridal shoes (that I swore were comfy as heck) started killing me even before the reception started. I wore flip flops under my dress for a good remainder of the night 🙂
- I forgot to print out the signs for our signature drink for both the bars.. My sister had created them and everything..!!! WHY oh why didn’t I just print them out??? Hence our venue took it upon themselves to create them for us….. only they spelled hubby’s last name wrong… Oops! Hope nobody really noticed in the dark hall hahaha
And the things that turned out PERFECTLY... Our DJ/emcee, our flowers and centerpieces.. my self-assembled favors.. our menus… our VENUE and their excellent service.. our food.. our bar service and signature drink.. the weather.. our flower girls… all the attire (tuxes, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, mini tux for ring bearer, 2 flower girl dresses).. the speeches.. our string trio… wish I could go back and enjoy every last moment..!
And without further delay, I present some recap pics! I apologize ahead of time for not getting to any comments as hubby and I are about to dash off to our (delayed) honeymoon to MEXICO!! Weeeeeee