- Ms. Peach
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
A Fellow Bee (gocubbies, lurve her!) designed my invites for me, and then I took them to the printer. I had a bit of a paper debacle, but ultimately they were printed on standard cream card stock.
Ignore the raffia scraps on the ottoman please…. 🙂
She did my RSVP’s too. She’s great, and I hope she doesn’t mind me pimping her out here.
I then made tags, that I wrote the guest’s names on, to attach to rafia that I tied around the invite. This saved on the cost of an inner envelope and possible extra postage due to weight. I was originally going to do a belly band, but I thought this way gave the invites a more rustic feel, which is what I was going for.
I ordered my envelopes from cardsandpockets.com. I ordered some sample swatches and chose the Copper color. I lined them myself using $1 per roll gold wrapping paper from the party supply store. They were standard size rolls, and we got about 24 liners per roll.
And, finally, I made my own wrap around labels. I am computer illiterate for the most part, so I just used Word. I saw instructions on here, and other sites, that used Adobe and other design programs, but that was over my head. LOL. I printed them on parchment paper and then, after trying various methods, determined a tape runner was the best method for adhering them. If I though I would use it at any point after wedding planning I would have invested in one of those sticker machines. The cost of it, and the refill cartridges, was not worth the expense for me though.
So there’s my invites! I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to be DONE! LOL!
If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me. 🙂