Post # 1
This last pic is when we did our first dance and i tripped. my husband spin me around so i wasnt embarrassed. so sweet. And now we have an awesome pic.
I will start off with regrets because the good far outweigh the bad.
1. I regret not taking more time to shop for a dress. The one I chose was inexpensive but didn’t flatter my body.
2. Buying things too early. I spent too much money at hobby lobby and I changed my vision part way during planning so I wasted at least $200
3. Not losing weight. From guest photos I see I’m not at my normal weight and I think it had a lot to do with the stress of school and the wedding
4. Not doing an updo or braids. So many people told me braids were tacky for a wedding but it would have been perfect for my dress and the humidity of the day.
What I loved from the day:
1. The first look. If we hadn’t done that I would have cried all the way down the aisle. Instead I sniffles a little and remembered to smile half way down.
2. The venue. It was awesome. Everyone was impressed and enjoyed their catering
3. The dj for Brock entertainment. I cannot tell you enough how awesome Jason was. He double checked with me throughout the day making sure I was happy. Most importantly he MC’d which kept us on time and made things run smoothly since I did not find a DOC in my budget
4. I did not have a bridal party but I did have an honorary moh who helped me the day before and day of. Can’t thank her enough
5. Flowers from globalrose.com. They were gorgeous and inexpensive
6. We got an upgrade on our champagne because the venue ran out. It was $100 champagne
7. I meant to put this higher on the list but my husbands vows. I was nervous because he said he was going to wing it. Smh. But they were sooo sweet. Better than mine actually.
8. Our photographer from rockhill studio. She was so awesome and did our engagement pics as well.
We had no big mishaps like other brides have described. So I am thankful. And really I think it’s thanks to other bees giving their advice. So in short spending my money on photography, food and dj really made my day.
Post # 3
I was going to say I thought your dress was lovely! I think you did just fine!
Post # 4
Beautiful wedding! And your regrets shouldn’t be because I love your dress, hair, and you look perfect! Congrats!
Post # 5
I also agree, I looked at the picture and said oh I love her dress then read you didn’t love it and said WHAT!? Girl you look fantastic, that dress is beautiful!
Post # 6
@imanw: lovely wedding. 🙂
ps. i like your dress.
Post # 7
@imanw: oh sweetie, your dress is so pretty and you look great it in. I want to see more photos of you in it!
Post # 8
I have to agree with all the other bee’s – you looked lovely in your dress! If it was a bargain on top of that, perfect! I also like your hair from what I can see from the photos, it looks soft and romantic!
Post # 9
@imanw: I think your dress was very flattering on you. Something doesn’t have to be figure hugging to be flattering. And the shape and flowiness of it make it perfect for a garden wedding. 🙂
Your venue is very gorgeous, too! I love paper lanterns.
Post # 10
Congrats!! I think you look absolutely gorgeous and I love your dress. At least you had more likes than regret, so that’s a good thing 🙂
Post # 11
What an awesome save! That pic is really cute. Congrats!
Post # 12
Thanks for sharing. You look beautiful and that dress makes your waist look tiny.
Post # 13
Great pictures!! Congrats!
Post # 14
Thanks ladies for your reassurance. It really was an amazing experience
Post # 15
Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your dress and think your body looks amazing in it! And your hair looks great!
Post # 16
Where is the dress from??