- 6 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
Hello Fellow Bees
I took a risk and ordered my wedding dress from Tidebuy.com(TB). Some of you may be familiar with my original post (http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/canshould-i-add-a-corset-and-chiffon-overlay-to-this-dress) where I was trying to convert a David’s Bridal (DB) dress into the Maggie Sottero Mona (MSM) dress.
I decided against moving forward with that concept because I realized by the time I made revisions to the DB dress, I could have ordered a replica of the MSM dress, which is what I really wanted.
I did a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvP4J10jkm8&feature=plcp) about my experience, but this is my general feedback about the overall experience:
- My dress from TB was not *EXACTLY* like the MSM or the picture on the website, but it was a close enough match that I am still satified with my purchase.
- The decals are not in the same exact spot (not that big of an issue)
- The chiffon overlay is more opaque as it sweeps into the one shoulder than pictured on the website and in the orginial MSM dress (not a big deal to me)
- The underlay or base of the dress is not exactly a full circle but im sure with alterations that small issue will be fixed
- I will add more *bling* to the dress because I love bling and I want more based upon my winter wonderland theme.
- The fit was great (minus the length because i am short) and I had my mom measure me before I ordered the dress.
- The price was VERY reasonable considering the $1100+ price tag of the MSM dress.
- I ordered my dress on Fri. June 29th; it was shipped on Sat. July 14th and I recieved it via FedEx bright and early on Mon July 16th.
I am a tidebuy.com success story and would order from them again in the future if the need arises.
***In my personal opinion, if you have a very detailed dress, I would order it through the original manufacturer because you would be taking a HUGE risk ordering it online and especting it to be an exact replica. ***
Hope you guys enjoy 🙂