Post # 1
Hello all this is my first post so Im kinda nervous but I need some advice! My fiance and I were engaged 12/24/09 and decided to have our wedding 08/2011, however now it looks like we wont be getting married till atleast 2012! My family is from Boston and his is from Mexico and because of the different currency rate we decided to have the wedding in Mexico, now although its better for his family its a long way to travel for mine so they need atleast 8-12 months notice to book flights etc. So the real problem is not a problem really but more like a speed bump. My fiance and I are openening our own restaurant and instead of doing this after the wedding situations changed and we have to do it a.s.a.p which means there’s no way to get to Mexico to book the wedding and definitly no time to take off to even have a wedding! I’m very excited about the business, it will give our new family a rock in this crazy world I guess but I feel like the excitement of my engaggment/wedding is going to diminish since it’ll be like 3 years since the engagement date.Maybe I’m just overreacting but I just needed to vent! thanks Lasies!
Post # 3
I think you’ll be fine. Personally, I would go ahead and try to do the wedding at the time you had intended it. I think things work out. But then again I’m a little crazy. So if its best for you just put off the wedding a little and you’ll see that when it does come around you will have more excitement than you can imagine.
Post # 4
Two really exciting things happening with you are your FI! Congrats! I don’t think your engagement is any more diminished because it is longer. However, you could always have a court house wedding now-ish and a big celebratory wedding in Mexico once your restaurant is rockingly underway. What kind of restaurant will it be??
Welcome to WB also!
Post # 5
Aw, doll, I wouldn’t get down about extending your engagement. My Fiance and I will have been engaged 2.5 years when we finally get hitched this October. He lost his job a few months after we got engaged, and with other financial struggles in the family at that time, we decided to postpone our original date. We could have made it happen on the original date, but we decided it wasn’t worth all the stress. It’s not like we would have fallen out of love in that time. And our families were soooo supportive. We actually gained tons of respect from family, as they all thought we were making such a mature and responsible decision (they would actually call me up and tell me this). Now that the big day is almost here, everyone seems to be even more excited… I don’t think the excitement was diminished one bit.
Good luck in making your decision!
Post # 6
@EmDizzle:Thank you so much for response! you really helped me realize that its really not that far away and ur right my family will be excited whenever it happens:) so thanks for your kind words!
@babymilka: You could be right, Ive definitly thought about it but we will see! Im very close with my family so for them not to be there I would be devestated.
@Rachaelrobin:We are opening a Mexican Restaurant lol its a very exciting time in both aspects of our lives so wich everone comes first will be great. Ane your not the only one to tell me that! at first I was like no way but now hearing that again it actually sounds like a good option!Thanks for the idea!
Thanks to all of you for your responses to my first post!I appreciate them all!:)