(Closed) My wedding is August 19 2017 When should I order the bridesmaids dresses?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: When should I bring my girls to order the dresses
    1Year prior to the big day : (1 votes)
    10 %
    6 month prior to the big day : (9 votes)
    90 %
    3 month prior to the big day : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    552 posts
    Busy bee

It depends on where you are getting the dresses from and what dresses you get.

My bridesmaids just ordered their dresses and they were told it would take about 5 months for them to be delivered and then another 2 months for alterations. So that’s 7 months! My wedding is 9 months away, so they will be fine, but you might want to start looking sooner than later even if it’s just getting ideas of what you want. Then you can talk to wherever you go and see how long it typically takes to get those dresses in.

Good luck!

Post # 3
    47217 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

CanadianBeeMTL :  As the pp said, it does depend on where you are ordering the dresses. If you want standard “bridesmaid dresses”  from a “bridesmaid dress” designer, they all have their time frames on their websites.

If you want to order a summer dress from a traditional retail online site or brick and mortar store, look now while they are all on sale.

Post # 4
    331 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

You may want to check out dresses sooner but wait to actually order, as long as you don’t end up with your heart set on one particular dress. That way you can have an idea of color and style but still watch for sales/clearance deals. If you order too early, there’s also a bigger risk of a bridesmaid’s clothing size changing.

Post # 5
    1115 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2017 - Mississauga Convention Centre

We ordered our bridesmaids dresses, moms dresses, and grandmothers dresses last week and we are getting married September 2017. I was with my mom and future mother in law when I saw a bridesmaid dress that I loved, I got all of my bridesmaids together and the dresses were ordered they take 6 months to arrive and then they need to be altered.

Post # 6
    28 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2016

Ive always heard 9 months is ideal, 6 months is okay and 3 months is rushed. 

The topic ‘My wedding is August 19 2017 When should I order the bridesmaids dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors