(Closed) My wedding is June 2013, should I get braces now and get them removed for weddin

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

The typical amount of time to have braces is 2years. You will be likely see notices depending on the strain the dentist puts on your teeth. You will also most likely have to wear a retainer/plate for the time you have them back off as they will want to move.

It is really personal choice, and if you are willing to do it and have plenty of time to sit in the chair then go for it.

Post # 4
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Have you considered Invisalign? I understand that they work a bit slower than normal braces, but they are also totally clear/removable. Usually people can’t even really tell you’re wearing them.

Then, on your wedding day, you can just pop ’em out for the day and not have to pay to have them removed and put back on later.

Post # 5
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Do you have the option to go with invisiline? Personally I don’t think it’s worth it. I would wait. 

Post # 6
7450 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

It’s hard to say without seeing your current smile. Maybe consider Invisalign?

Post # 7
909 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I agree with PP. If you are looking at that short time frame Invisalign is the way to go. It’s slightly more expensive than traditional braces but much more convenient and you would have them on a shorter period of time. I only had spacing issues with my teeth so I think I wore my Invisalign for about 8 months total (now I have a retainer for at night, it’s been about a year and a half since I finished). I’m very happy with the results and it’s amazing how much better my smile looks!

Post # 8
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have braces now and will get them off 5 months before our wedding next year. According to my Ortho,  I wasn’t a candidate for Invisalign as it doesn’t work for those who need to rotate teeth (Crooked). Either way, I saw a difference within a few months and with 6 months to go, they are almost perfect- just fixing the bite and a few of my back molars still.

If your willing (and your Ortho) to take them off for your day and then put them back on, then go for it! I was really self conscious about mine and I’m so happy I got them on before the wedding!

The topic ‘My wedding is June 2013, should I get braces now and get them removed for weddin’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors