(Closed) My wedding night will be blessed by my husband & MIL. *SIGH*

posted 6 years ago in Family
Post # 3
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

You are a far better person than I am. Just wanted to tell you that, lol. I’m sorry that it’s going to have to be like that. :/ No fun. But you are looking at it the right way. Venting is always ok!

Post # 5
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Kind of nuts. Put her up in a hostel? LOL. Kidding, of course, but it seems kind of nasty of her to not at least give you your first night of newleywed status ALONE, take your kids away somewhere for the night, etc. You don’t seem entitled at all, but you deserve something nice! Do you have any friends that can shack her up for the night? lol.

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

wow that is so inconsiderate of her.  I can’t believe she hasn’t thought of the fact that you guys might want to be alone the night of your wedding.  Talk to you Fiance.  He needs to suggest to her that the night of the wedding she stay elsewhere.

Post # 7
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Maybe see if you can rope her into babysitting the night of the wedding and get a hotel room? Sometimes you can find really great deals, even on a tight budget. 

That is really inconsiderate of her, but you have to make the best of it now, so I would take advantage of her being there to get a little alone time with your new hubby. That’s just me, though ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Fixin2BMrs.Awesome: I asked to join my daughter and SILs honeymoon, only because they were using our all-inclusive membership in Mexico, LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰  I think your hubby to be needs to bring this up to her-pronto!  You two deserve a honeymoon night at least. 

Post # 10
3135 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Can’t you wiggle the budget a bit for a hotel room? Sell something on ebay?

Then gram can stay with the kids- no need to pay a sitter!

Post # 11
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I agree, use the sitter money to send her and the kids to a hotel for the night. Book a cheap place with an indoor pool (to enteratin the kids) if you can find one in your area, ask for late check out and let her take your car. Sell it to her as bonding time with her grandchildren and as a wedding gift to you both.

Post # 12
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

You should not be feeling guilty OR petty about wanting to spend your wedding night alone with your husband!

Goodnes me, I can’t believe your Mother-In-Law is being so oblivious & selfish. Could she not have saved up a bit of money to stay in a hotel room for a night or two? Would she not have known about the upcoming wedding and perhaps planned ahead??

Post # 13
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Oh girl, you are SO much nicer than I would be. 

It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been together, you should be able to be alone on your wedding night, and people should understand that, in particular Mothers/MIL’S! 

Post # 14
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I agree with PPs, you are being incredibly understanding.

Where is your Fiance in this? Isn’t he bothered? Has he considered talking to his mom?

Post # 15
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Even if you guys can’t come up with the money for hotel that evening, why can’t she?  Do you live in the most expensive part of the country?  I live on the CT shoreline and can find a room for less than $100 almost anywhere… I feel that she should be accomodating here and that it is ridiculous of her to expect you to change your mini-moon plans to include her.  Please have you Fiance speak with her ASAP and let her know this is unacceptable.  You wouldn’t want to harbor hurt feelings forever.

Post # 16
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Can you ask a friend to host your Mom for a few days? I would absolutely do that for one of my friends, considering the circumstances. Or, I know you said there’s no room at your parents, but could they take her for a couple nights? One of the kids could stay on a couch or air mattress if that gives her a bed. Or does another family member have space? Could you call the SIL and ask for her to host her, despite their differences?

Also, it shouldn’t be your responsibility to drive her to the airport-let someone else take her of these details.

I do think this will be a special night, regardless of the fact that you’ve lived together before. You deserve privacy for this night (with kids, I’m sure that can be scarce!) If it’s not in your budget, SHE should get a room-I can’t imagine someone wanting to crash a wedding night. Hope this works  out for you!

The topic ‘My wedding night will be blessed by my husband & MIL. *SIGH*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors