(Closed) My White by Vera VW351011 came in…but am I a bustle brat? PLEASE HELP!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Bustle brat?
    It looks fine, leave it alone. : (26 votes)
    60 %
    It looks wonky, get it re-pinned. : (16 votes)
    37 %
    Other - explain : (1 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    5572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Yay for having your beautiful dress!!! It looks kind of weird in the middle of the bustle to me too…When I tried it on they showed me the bustle and I don’t remember that odd gap in the top middle.

Post # 5
    13 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2011

It is a beautiful dress no doubt – but they could do a better job with the bustle. If your not happy with it, don’t settle. For what my opinion is worth, it does look a little weird.

Post # 6
    2053 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

First, let me just say that is a gorgeous dress and you really can’t go too wrong here! 🙂 You said it all perfectly yourself, m’dear! More flowy and less angular, with smaller rosettes, as it were, in the ruffles. You might also suggest a way to make the depth of the bustle more gentle, more rounded and less dramatic. See how in the last picture you posted, there is a deep valley in the fabric on either side of the middle, almost creating in shadow an upside down V or cone shape? Maybe there is a way to lessen that effect so it has a softer overall look for you? Is that what you’re getting at? Good luck!

P.S. I love that you used the word “wonky.” hehe I say that all the time, too.

Post # 7
    118 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Love the dress! cant help with the bustle, but love the dress!

Post # 8
    5106 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

First off, you look stunning dahhhhling! You already know I love the dress.

And I love that veil!

That being said, I agree about the bustle. I would say something about it. Something about it seems… off.Like it’s off kilter or something?

Post # 9
    Hostess
    23597 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

So I’ve already told you how much I love you in this dress, but the veil just makes the look beyond stunning!  Honestly, I didn’t notice the bustle at first, but once I read everything people were saying, i suppose it made sense!  I’m actually not sure that anyone who hasn’t seen or tried on this dress would even notice, but if it bugs you that much, then you should definitely get it done right!

Post # 10
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

How much did you all pay for alterations? Did you stay with Davids or go elsewhere?

The topic ‘My White by Vera VW351011 came in…but am I a bustle brat? PLEASE HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors