(Closed) MY WHITE VERA WANG VW351011 CAME IN!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

If you paid full price for a dress, why would they give you a sample? That would be unethical and probably illegal. Sometimes things happen earlier than expected, don’t over think things and be happy! Smile

Post # 4
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

This happened to another girl pretty recently.  I’ll see if I can find her thread.  She wasn’t a DB bride, but her story should help you feel better.

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

The vera Wang collection was only just released a few weeks ago… I highly doubt that they would sell you a sample.. but yes they do ship from other stores. If one store has a new dress in your size they will ship it to your store. 

Post # 6
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

The same thing happened to me at DB. I ordered in August sometime and it came like three weeks later in September, when they told me it wouldn’t be until end of October or November. I think it’s pretty normal there to come in early, so I wouldn’t worry.

Post # 7
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was told at DB that if they have your size in stock they will sell you the sample (even if you request they order a new one). So if they didn’t have your size they may have sent one over from another store. But, they’re all so new hopefully no one has worn it! My friend bought a sample (because they wouldn’t order it) and said they would clean/press it before the wedding.

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

LADIES LADIES LADIES

Why is that a surprise and you think this was worn ? did you guys really think all your dresses are getting made the miunte you order it??? vera wang was on OPRAH for gods sake you think they waited for the orders to come in first and then start production????

they knew this would go craaaaaazy and probably made a certain amount of dresses already and have them sit in the wear house. everything on oprah sells like hot rolls so plese dont be silly and feel less special because your gown is already there. be happy that you have it already. if you wanna feel so special have one made from scratch to be CERTAIN it hasnt been tryed on in the store before.

im not a person who watches oprah so when i walked into davidsbridal i picked out that dress and thought wow cool that vera did this but was already a bit concerned that EVERYONE would buy this dress too. THANK GOD I FORGOT MY WALLET THAT NIGHT AND COULDNT ORDER IT. because when i got home i looked up the dress on the internet to find out it was on oprah. OMG. no THANKS. everybody and their mother who usually wouldnt even go for a vera wang style will now wear it because OPRAH featured it.

now I dont care about if 50 woman have tried on a dress im gonna buy, if its clean, pressed and has no holes etc. BUT I DO CARE THAT NOT EVERY MIDWEST HOUSEWIFE wants to wear that gown now too just because it was on OPRAH but would have not dreamed of even picking this kind of dress.

beautiful dress no doubt but im having mine made from scratch to be truly unique. FOREVER! 🙂 Congrats on your engagements ladies 

Post # 9
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Wow that was a rude response. Who cares where it was advertised? I never knew it was on Oprah but I still think it’s a beautiful dress.

Don’t let people get you down over silly things like that. Nobody that isn’t swarming the wedding scene like we are will even know or care where you got it.

On the actual topic. My DB dress came in super fast as well. Don’t worry about it. I’m sure since it’s a new dress they have a lot of stock of it in anticipation of popularity.

Post # 10
3176 posts
Sugar bee

Correct me if I’m wrong but DB is an off the rack store. You can buy your dress the same day you try it on and as long as they have that style in your size, its yours. I didn’t think DB had “samples”.

Post # 11
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

Umm, even though Cassandra2011 said it as rudely as possibly, she’s right that they knew it was going to be a popular dress and so they probably have made them in advance of the line coming out so they wouldn’t have orders on back-up.

Congrats on getting it so soon!

Post # 12
3978 posts
Honey bee

@MrsPinkPeony: I’m pretty sure you always have to order it. Even bridemaids dresses you have to order. I think everything they have in the store are sample dresses to try on. Maybe I’m wrong and they have a warehouse behind that they didn’t tell me about, but going home with one the day of was never even metioned as an option.

Post # 13
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

@kala_way: I think you’re right about it. I know one time my sister was in a hurry on a dress or something and they offered to sell her the one at the store, but usually you order them from their warehouse.

Post # 14
389 posts
Helper bee

Actually I think June is right. I was in a wedding last Novemeber and I bought my dress the same day I went to try it on. The other Bridesmaid or Best Man had to order hers because they didn’t have her size in the right color.

Here’s the link to the website info on it: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Resource_Help-FAQ-Services-Ordering-Dresses-at-Retail-Store?contentName=help_ordering_dresses_at_retail_store

If they have the dress in your size and color you can take it home that day, same for the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.

OP I wouldn’t be surprised if either the manufacturer has a bunch already pre-produced or if the dresses was moved from another store.

Post # 15
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

DB sells off the rack. I been there two separate times and have been told that both times.  They will order the dress for you if it’s not in your size or if the alterations people can’t get out a stain from all the try-ons.  I was bummed about this but it’s what they do.  I, too, want a fresh, clean dress that others have not been in and out of, especially if I’m paying hundreds of dollars but it is what it is.  The consultant told me that they do clean and press it for you. 

Post # 16
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had to order my dress from DB and other people I know have also. The dress that I tried on in DB was the exact size and color that I ordered and they said nothing about me taking it home that day.I ordered mine on December 27th and my dress came in the 3rd week of January. They told me April. DB dresses very often come in early 🙂

Congrats on your dress being here!!

The topic ‘MY WHITE VERA WANG VW351011 CAME IN!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors