- 6 years ago
- Wedding: February 2013
Just wanted to share – almost three months away and I am GEEKED!!! Share yours too!!!
My wedding is February 9th 2013, we are having a warm elegantly rustic feel – think wood/birch centerpieces with lots of candlelight and gold mercury glass. A historic lodge on a lake in the woods with beautiful fireplaces and ornate gold picture frames. My colors are purple (various shades), gold, and ivory.
From top to bottom, left to right
1. the dress! A Casablanca ivory trumpet style gown. I had the neckline altered to a full sweetheart because we’ll be adding off shoulder cap sleeves.
2. The inspiration for my off shoulder sleeves. They will drape a little bit further down the arm and will be light sheer ivory to match the dress (think beauty and the beast!)
3. I have a sheer beaded sash to wear around my waist (I wanted to show off my figure and that sash is the perfect accent to a small waist and curvy hips!!)
4. Cathedral veil – my mom is making it for me, raw edge, very long, very simple. I plan on wearing a blusher as I walk down the aisle too (sooo romantic, gaaah!)
5. A down-feather shrug. Mine is a little darker than the photo, very soft and fluffy. The boys are wearing charcoal grey tuxes and the girls are wearing charcoal grey pashminas for outdoor pics so this will tie me in with them too 🙂
6. My bouquet is a mix-up of seasonal flowers in various shades of purple! (my bridesmaids dresses are all different shades of purple, different styles, all full length chiffon, they will carry a mix-up of seasonal white/ivory/blush flowers)
7. The shoes – what more do I need to say?
8. I’m getting married on February 9th and I fully intend to go trekking around in the snow, so I needed some good boots! These are hand-crafted moose-hide mukluks made in Ely Minnesota (a place very near and dear to my heart, which adds sentiment to them). Stieger Mukluks.
9. My wedding band! Hand crafted by a jewler in tel-aviv it is a very slender rose-gold band with an art nouveau-esque motif on it. My engagement ring is white gold, with three main diamonds and three diamonds to either side, I do plan on wearing them together – it’s a unique pairing!