(Closed) Name Change?

posted 9 years ago in Names
Post # 3
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Go to the SS with your marriage license

Then went to DMV right after with a piece of paper SS office gave me

Once I had new license and SS card I could change it with the bank, my work, etc

Post # 4
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I went to SS first.  I didn’t go to the DMV for a little while because we were moving.  I was able to change some of my accounts with just my marriage license, but the others I had to wait for a photo ID.

Post # 5
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

SS first, then DMV. 

The rest is easy peasy once you have that.  Then bank, work, loan stuff and any cards.

Post # 6
6571 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

Like everyone said, SS first. Then I would wait at least a day to go to the DMV b/c it took a little while for the change to go through their system, so I waited at the DMV for nothing.

Post # 7
7586 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I went to the DMV first.  Then the SS office.  The SS office wanted a copy of my new ID. Hmmm, I wonder if it changes from state to state???

Post # 8
7851 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Went to the SS office.  But I had to wait till they mailed me my new SS card (they did not give me a temporary paper), and that took about a week to receive.  Then to the DMV and everything else.

The topic ‘Name Change?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors