(Closed) Name change

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I believe you take the original copy of your marriage certificate and the application for a social security card to your local SSA office and they will issue you a new SS card with your new name on it. From there, you go to the DMV and get your license issued in your new name, and then you can handle the smaller stuff like names on accounts and voter registration and whatnot.

Post # 4
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Your marriage license should have your maiden. You then go and have it changed everywhere else.

The topic ‘Name change’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors