(Closed) Name Change…

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
1480 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I actually just found a website that supposedly lets you do it all in one place. Let me find it….

ETA: MarriedNameChange No idea if it’s reputable or not though.

Post # 4
4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@ssilva1:  I did mine like a month after we got married.  You need to go to the Social Security office in person.

Post # 5
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

No you can’t do it online. Some websites you can pay to get all the paperwork filled out, but you still physically have to bring the paperwork to certain places, such as social security and the DMV.

Start with social security, then go ahead over to the DMV.  

Post # 6
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

You can do it yourself for free.  No need for a kit.

Post # 7
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

just have ur marriage license. social security,dmv,banks and then passport.. ( i just did all mine last month lol…)except passport….

Post # 9
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

You take a copy of your marriage license to social security and the DMV. Do those in person. Your passport can be done by mail, but you have to reapply. It won’t cost if you change your name within a year of your passport being issued. If later, you pay a renewal fee.

The rest of the vital places (credit cards, life insurance, etc.) should let you send them a copy in the mail. DON’T PAY FOR FREE SERVICES!!!!!

Post # 10
23597 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Go to Social Security first, and then DMV.  🙂 Then the rest! (hmm i should probably finish the rest…)

The topic ‘Name Change…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors