(Closed) Name change advice please!

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012


No, but once you get married especially for us women we have to call every credit card, bill, or one you practically know even go down and change your TAX forms to your married name.


I did just what you are thinking of doing. I kept my last name however changed to to be my middle name and took on my husbands last name.   YOu need to go to the Social Security Office first.

Step 1:  Social Security office  (request your name change) take 3 days to arrive
Step 2: DMV (In california not sure of other states you cannot do name change form without social security reflecting the new name change)

Step 3: Call every agency , credit card, bills and update your new name


The topic ‘Name change advice please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors