(Closed) Name change and job hiring?

posted 7 years ago in Career
Post # 3
1246 posts
Bumble bee

@loving_life:  Do you have the old ID? If so you can show the legal documents leading to name change along with old photo ID. It really should not be a problem. I assume that you did not change the SS number, just the name. (You said number).

Post # 4
2022 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@loving_life:  You should be able to show them your old ID and the temporary ID that you should have been issued. 

Post # 5
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Bring your old ID and a copy of your marriage license. I don’t know about CA, but in NY there’s a line on the license for your new name. That’s what I used to change my name at the bank, etc. I also got a letter from SS when I applied for my new SSN. It had my new name on it and said my new card would be arriving soon. It took less than a week to get my new SS card. 

Post # 6
4114 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It took less than a week to get my new SS card and less than a week to get the new driver’s license as well.

Post # 8
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Just bring a photo ID and your marriage license.  That should be proof enough until all your ID’s are updated.  This is what the TSA recommends when traveling (like if you change your name after you book your ticket). 

I also work in HR and know that when conducting background checks you always ask for “other names known by”, so I’m sure it is no surprise to them that your old job and schools will know you by your maiden name. 

The topic ‘Name change and job hiring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors